• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

More Rush on Rush Radio? (6 pm etc)

Maybe Rush Radio 1200 figures it should put on more Rush, their heaviest syndie hitter? (They also have local with Jeff Katz). I started my own kind of "Save WRKO" type board and someone
was wondering why they were hearing Rush instead of Hannity/Lewis, etc.

And I get this on Rush Radio 1200's Facebook:
>>Tune in weeknights at 6 p.m. for Rush Hour - another daily dose of El Rushbo!

Sounds like they mean to grab all those people stuck in traffic with...more Rush...on Rush Radio...

Maybe in 2012 they could have a local show (if he can go there and if they could afford it): Howie...? And put Hannity on later like 6 or 7...
5a Katz
9a Beck
Noon Rush
3 Howie
6 Rush 1 hr rebroadcast
7 Hannity

etc

raccoonradio said:
Herald said they did it because people complained they couldn't hear Rush while at work.

Nooooo, really?

I know "EIB" is picky about affiliates rebroadcasting Rush's show. There is only one radio station airing overnight replays of the show, and that's KMBZ in Kansas City. I know KFBK in Sacramento (where Rush felt his oats in talk radio) used to do it for awhile. I suppose Rush (or "EIB") had to approve this move for AM 1200, even if everything is "all in the family".

Speaking of re-running Rush ...

Didn't WBAL used to run him overnight?
-----
As for stations running his reg 3 hours in slightly diff time slots:
Doesn't WHAM run him 1-4 p instead of noon-3? (checking:

Oops I stand corrected.

They run him 2-5 pm after Bob Lonsberry

>>2 pm - 5 pm Rush Limbaugh
http://wham1180.com/pages/schedule.html

Not an additional rebroadcast but time shifted.
---
And I think Best of Rush, best of Hannity, Best of Beck run weekends on WXKS. The weekend
stunt before formal debut was all Rush all Weekend

WWWE/1100 in Cleveland reran Rush's show from 2a-5a, dubbed "The Insomniac Replay" back in the mid-90s. When they reverted back to the WTAM calls in July 1996, the station picked up C2C in that timeslot, and bumped the Rush replay up to the 11p-2a slot before eventually phasing it out entirely a few months later.

Starting back in 2002, WHLO/Akron time-shifted Rush for three hours, airing the show from 3p-6p (I guess it was done as a means to counter-program WTAM, their far bigger sister station in Cleveland; plus WHLO had just flipped from a Salem-programmed gospel format). A year or two later, they scooted it back to the conventional 12noon start time.

WHLO = Halo? ???

DToTheJ said:
WHLO = Halo? ???

IIRC, it was WHLO many decades (five decades?) before Salem bought it. If WHLO stood for anything, it was probably "Hello." I think that the calls might have been WHKK before they became WHLO. If so, this suggests (but does not guarantee) a connection with WHK, which I think was on 1420 back then.

DanStrassberg said:
DToTheJ said:
WHLO = Halo? ???

IIRC, it was WHLO many decades (five decades?) before Salem bought it. If WHLO stood for anything, it was probably "Hello." I think that the calls might have been WHKK before they became WHLO. If so, this suggests (but does not guarantee) a connection with WHK, which I think was on 1420 back then.

Correct on all counts, Dan. It was originally WHKK, a sister station to WHK/1420 Cleveland. It was originally daytimer WCLE in Cleveland, but relocated to Akron in 1945 after the FCC essentially outlawed AM duopolies in the same market. WCLE's frequency (610 kHz) and WAIU/Columbus' frequency (640 kHz) also were traded at the same time; this enabled WAIU to operated around-the-clock instead of protecting KFI/Los Angeles, and became WHKC (today WTVN).

When WHK and WHKK passed into separate ownership in the late 50s, WHKK became WHLO, taking the moniker "Hello Radio."

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom