• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

WBZ's WEBSITE NO LONGER HAS INDIVIDUAL ANCHORS/REPORTERS ON IT

I looked at WBZ Radio's website the other day and noticed that under the "on air" tab, they only have blurbs and pix of the hosts of specialty shows, and specific on-air individuals, but no longer have the same for every newsperson, as they did in the past.

My reason to go to the website in the first place is that I have noticed that I no longer hear news reports by Lisa Meyer. I assume she has left. Anybody know?

That is the case on many TV station websites around the country as of late.

I can think of a few reasons why, but I would like to hear from a TV newzie on that subject.

What difference does it make, CBS is only going to consolidate the WBZ-TV and WBZ-AM/FM websites into one hub website (no pun intended) called cbsboston.com. Kinda like what they did to the WCBS-TV/AM and WFAN websites in New York - they're now under cbsnewyork.com.

Currently, cbsboston.com redirects to wbztv.com.

Not a fan of the new website at all. I used to go to the old one for news updates much more frequently. This new one is more difficult to navigate. Getting rid of the anchor info is probably just a move to reduce their "star" power to cut wages.

CBS is blowing it with this top down everything is "CBS" strategy. Most of their local stations are legends with strong local identities - they should be promoting them individually not the CBS mothership. Already see how well it worked for WBZ-TV, they abandoned the CBS Boston thing a while ago.

If I want local info I'll think WBZ, not CBS. To advertise my local business I'll think WBZ, not CBS. I would think they would want to continue to pound that idea into everyone's head (and into the local advertisor's heads).

The same morons that took off David Brudnoy and later on Steve LeVeille... both times they LOST.

Spt87 is correct. Most people think 'BZ, not CBS.

spt87 said:
Not a fan of the new website at all. I used to go to the old one for news updates much more frequently. This new one is more difficult to navigate. Getting rid of the anchor info is probably just a move to reduce their "star" power to cut wages.

CBS is blowing it with this top down everything is "CBS" strategy. Most of their local stations are legends with strong local identities - they should be promoting them individually not the CBS mothership. Already see how well it worked for WBZ-TV, they abandoned the CBS Boston thing a while ago.

If I want local info I'll think WBZ, not CBS. To advertise my local business I'll think WBZ, not CBS. I would think they would want to continue to pound that idea into everyone's head (and into the local advertisor's heads).

What difference does it make what the top-rated station in the market calls itself? The advertisers know they want their ads to run on that station at 1030. Here in Connecticut, two of our TV network affiliates -- WVIT and WTIC-TV -- have not only stopped using their call letters, they've stopped using their channel numbers! They are NBC Connecticut and Fox Connecticut, respectively. I'm guessing that since channels 30 and 61 are channels 4 and 6 on virtually all of the state's cable systems and nobody worth catering to watches over-the-air TV anymore, the channel number becomes excess baggage. Do the advertisers really care about all this?

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom