• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

What about the calls?

Just last week, a new legal ID started playing on B98.5

"B98.5FM...WSB-FM and WSB-FM-HD Atlanta".

I don't the callsigns are changing anytime soon, since they are now IDing the HD signal on 98.5 just days after the 750/95.5 simulcast started. (However, they are not IDing WBTS-HD on 95.5).

jal41 said:
Just last week, a new legal ID started playing on B98.5

"B98.5FM...WSB-FM and WSB-FM-HD Atlanta".

I don't the callsigns are changing anytime soon, since they are now IDing the HD signal on 98.5 just days after the 750/95.5 simulcast started. (However, they are not IDing WBTS-HD on 95.5).

What does that have to do with anything? Aren't they required by law to say, "WSB-FM and WSB-FM HD, Atlanta?"

A radio station operating in DAB hybrid mode or extended hybrid mode shall identify its digital signal, including any free multicast audio programming streams, in a manner that appropriately alerts its audience to the fact that it is listening to a digital audio broadcast.

So, "WSB-FM Atlanta, WSB-FM HD1 Atlanta" is legal.

and also, "WSB-FM Atlanta, and if you have one of those new-fangled HD radios, you're listening to a digital audio broadcast" is legal.

http://edocket.access.gpo.gov/cfr_2009/octqtr/pdf/47cfr73.1201.pdf

somewhere the FCC changed. they used to specify things, not leave them up to interpretation. i think it started when they couldn't make up their mind about AM stereo.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom