• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Decoy Processing

Bengalsfan said:
I've been asked to do the same thing. Had the retired 8100 in the rack room hooked up to the program line. To make it look real fancy, we hooked up some Prisims feeding it. The output was not hooked up. The "real" processor was tucked away at the transmitter site away from prying eyes....which is where I like them.

If you had rechipped, recapped and re-aligned those units, they'd likely blow the doors off the 'real' processing you have now!

Well, the market for fake security cameras has dried up cos real ones got so cheap. But I see an opportunity here - fake proc amps.
Robert, Frank, do you guys copyright the front panel? I can do like the aftermarket hubcap guys, and sell Ommias and Opthalmods to the masses. Box with enough stuff in it to make the screen(s) blink and change.

littlejohn said:
Well, the market for fake security cameras has dried up cos real ones got so cheap. But I see an opportunity here - fake proc amps.
Robert, Frank, do you guys copyright the front panel? I can do like the aftermarket hubcap guys, and sell Ommias and Opthalmods to the masses. Box with enough stuff in it to make the screen(s) blink and change.

Yeah but who's going to install it, and then who's going to see it once it's in the rack?

Hardly ever unlock the rack doors to timker w/the processing anymore. All done on a PC/laptop. How about fake web based remote controls?

boiseengineer said:
Hardly ever unlock the rack doors to timker w/the processing anymore. All done on a PC/laptop. How about fake web based remote controls?

Right! Install the fake remote-control app on the SM's PC and tell him to knock himself out! You can then count on at least one phone call or visit per week in which he can't stop talking about how much better the station sounds as a result of his latest tweaks. As long as you can keep a straight face, it should be WELL worth the price of admission. There should be quite a market for the fake remote control app; however, once the word gets out that it really doesn't do anything... Also, you'd better design the app so that it can't be modified to actually work.

Here's an experiment in processing futility: Give them an actual processor to play with for a weekend on their desktop but don't tell them it's not theirs. It's actually the competition's! To complete the experiment their Chief does the same thing with your processor.

boiseengineer said:
Here's an experiment in processing futility: Give them an actual processor to play with for a weekend on their desktop but don't tell them it's not theirs. It's actually the competition's! To complete the experiment their Chief does the same thing with your processor.

Sounds like the old way to get 2 kids to stop fighting over the last of the cake... One kid gets to cut the cake, the other one gets to choose the piece!

So get one chief to adjust both processors, the other gets to pick the one for his station!

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom