• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

96.7 strong signal around seminole and largo

wkid967

Inactive
Inactive User
The music that has been heard around the largo - seminole area on a freq of 96.7 is not us. The signal is from a house in seminole. We just wanted everyone to know that we did not bump up our power to a illegal amount. We will also turn off our transmitter for now so there is no confussion. Thanks, Adam Baker and the WKID 96.7 crew

ARRRRRRRRRGH! Ye kids radio station be blown to smithereens by a PIRATE? Sorry to hear about that, matey! ;D

I was able to pull it on East Bay Dr. in Largo, but only weak traces at the house, on the car radio.

The format is an Internet stream of a UK classic rock station. Canned jingles such as "Classic British Rock brought to you by Absolute Radio" and songs such as Bowie's "Absolute Beginners," The Who "Magic Bus," Rod Stewart etc. Rodger caught live traffic updates for UK highways, of course all by Brit-accented jocks.

A quick Google search confirms Absolute Radio: http://www.absoluteradio.co.uk/

That's the last straw. A Pirate station airing off the bird----um...ok, internet. What, you can't find any local people or programming?

I took a few minutes today to go by the house and seen the wire antenna in the back yard strung from the pine tree to the ground, while I was turning around in the driveway the owner got a little nervous and turn the system off. I havn't heard it come back on since. The music WAS great! And so WAS the audio quality.

druidhillsradio said:
96.7 Hmmmm. There's a LPFM in Zhills as well. But....with a license :)

Good playlist too, though the website needs a refresh. Headed for 1 milllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllion songs in a row!

Yep we are back on again! The website needs a lot of help. We are currently building a new one and it should be up and running by Thursday of next week if we don't get a lot of homework. If anyone is interested in helping us with the new website please let us know. Thanks again!!!!

Keep on going strong KID 96.7,,,, its a good outfit,, I too run a Part 15 and internet station with a Dance Format.. Fire 92.7,,,, If you know how to do it you can get out about a mile on part 15 fm, as it is regulated by field strength and not power. I understand that your dad is a cop Correct??? Anyway, thats cool of him to get this set up for you guys,, just make sure to keep the field strength tested alot so you not mistaken for a pirate. The FCC doesnt care if your even just a little over,, they are not nice when it comes to community radio.. Anyway I like your playlist,, its kind of a mixed format anything goes format Correct???

250 uV at 3 meters.

METERS FEET FIELD STRENGTH (μV) TOTAL RECEPTION AREA
3 10 250 314 FT
6 20 125 1256 FT
12 39 63 4800 FT
24 78 31 19113 FT
48 157 15 1.8 ACRES
96 315 7.5 7.2 ACRES
192 630 3.8 28.6 ACRES
384 1260 1.9 11.4 ACRES
768 2520 .95 458 ACRES
1536 5036 .5 1830 ACRES

Now that being said, assumimg 2 uVsensitivity for a home FM receiver, the useful range could be about 1/4 mile. A car radio could be even better.

I can detect mine a mile away, but it really has about 1/4 mile usable signal,,, 1/2 mile fringe, and 1 mile xtreme DX...

We are back after 2 weeks of not going on air due to studing for our exams at school. Tune in tonight starting at 8pm. Also we were checked by the FCC during our interview with Ralph Barlow and the results were well below the limits. YEA! :)

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom