• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

LPB Signature III Mix-Minus Module?

M

mattthepm

Did LPB ever make a mix minus module for the Signature III series of consoles?

I seem to recall that they did at one point, but I can't remember for sure.

-Matt
Radio Free Nashville

They did indeed make a mix-minus card for the Signature consoles. I bought a few of them some years back.

The price was quite reasonable.

Not sure if the company is still around.... I suppose a phone call would answer that question.

http://www.lpbinc.com/

mattthepm said:
Did LPB ever make a mix minus module for the Signature III series of consoles?

I seem to recall that they did at one point, but I can't remember for sure.

-Matt
Radio Free Nashville

That's what I was thinking. .

That number on the website is disconnected (or no longer in service, dee dah dee).

Maybe someone has one floating around somewhere in a disused Sig' III ? :)

-M

I have one...LPB Mix Minus #1150 RVE.A. There are three chips in it...one ( NE5532 ) is missing (needed to rob it for another card in the console). Otherwise, it's in mint condition & includes the mounting socket/terminal strip & 6 pages of installation instructions plus schematic & parts list. If interested, send me a private message.

Something else I am trying to wrap my head around:

The Signature III's monitor muting function is rather interesting, with separate muting relays for channels 1, 2 and 3. Each of these muting relays go to separate monitor speaker outputs from the console. This is good for a microphone setup in different studios, however if one desires to have 3 microphones in the same studio (as in our case) with muting, the only channel that will mute the monitor speakers will be channel 1. If channel 1 is turned off and the other channels (2 and 3) are left on, feedback will most certainly result before those channels are turned off.

Is there a way to safely tie channel 2 and 3's muting relays into channel 1's muting relay? I would think maybe using the tally outputs for this purpose, perhaps?

Thanks,

-M

Hi Matt,

Did you get the Mix Minus Module OK?

Find wire 18 & jumper the Red, Black & White wires together. If your board & my Signature III S-24 console are the same, turning any 1 mic on will mute all three relays. Should be a low risk experiment...all it's doing is grounding the minus side of the relays.

Bob

Bob,

Yes, received it and working on getting it installed this week. Got a few of the NE5532 opamps as well for spares.

We'll try 'the wire 18 method' :)

Thanks for your help!

-M

First let me extend my apologies for posting in a very old thread however I am the proud new owner of a mix minus module but the radio station who donated it does not have the manuals. Does anyone in the forum still have a copy of those six pages of instructions that they would be willing to scan and send? Thanks

LPB, widely known in the industry as: "Little Piss Bucket". Horrible consoles, with terrible specifications. I did an audio proof on a station once that had serious s/n problems. Come to find out, it was their LPB console. Besides being noisy, those budget step attenuators they used would crackle and thump when you turned them up or down. Try it sometime when you can take the station silent; turn one or more pots up and down and listen to the noise they make. Oh and the cue buss used to bleed into the program audio.

Not as bad a console as Arakkis, but right up there.

LPB Signature 3 Manual

Hello friends, sorry if this is not the page to make an answer but I need the wiring manual of LPB Signature 3. Did some one have idea where can I find it?

Thanks.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom