Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: wcbsfm playing 101 countdown of Beatle songs today

Re: wcbsfm playing 101 countdown of Beatle songs today

Quote Originally Posted by Element9
    Quote Originally Posted by oldies4ever
    Living proof that Mr Eduardo hates oldies and thinks nobody take requests.....nothin but negativity from this guy....

oldies4ever
    Not at all. I had the same reaction when I read the post. Mr. Eduardo and I have had a civil disagreement or two, but on this count, he hit the nail squarely on the head. This having been said, I think the Supremes should have "placed" in the Top 100, certainly with "Stop! In the Name of Love" or "Where Did Our Love Go," two of the strongest testing Classic Hits in most markets.
    Most radio stations do fake these countdowns, and do fake "all request" weekends.

But CBS-FM is an exception. The Top Beatles, British, Christmas, and All-Time Countdowns are all based entirely on chart performance. (That is actually indisputable.) The Labor Day Top 500 COULD be "faked," but doesn't appear to be.

Re: wcbsfm playing 101 countdown of Beatle songs today

Quote Originally Posted by DavidEduardo
    I'll bet you think stations actually play requests, too!
    Denver's AM 950, took my request two days ago for "Cherry Hill Park" and they played it within 15 minutes. CBS-FM took my request for "Sgt. Peppers/ With A Little Help From My Friends" after the Beatles 101 and they played it within 30 minutes. They DO take requests.

Most stations will only play your request, if it's coming up on rotation and your call is timed right (meaning the song is coming right up, say within 30 minutes). That's a "fake" request.
    Celebrating 64 Years of Rock & Roll Classics!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12