• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

the dying art of the pre-recorded bit

talkandroll

New Participating Member
has anyone noticed a decline in pre-recorded bits on morning shows?! i'm not talking about the goofy fake character on the oter-side of the phone so much as the "listening episodes" or storyline skits. it seems they have started to be perceived as zoo-ey and oldschool, but if done right between live material does anyone find them still viable?!......there stilll needs to be more than "the reality star interview of the day?!"

and second, i used to listen to a great morning guy in the 80's who used to do "mr. rambo's neighborhood" episodes, along with other taped bits to make up for a somewhat smaller budget and staff. kudos for effort! and i was just wondering was the mr. rambo bit written by a bit service.?!...and i'm not talking the johnny carson skit..... (because he voiced it well), used to listen every morning for it before school!.......if it wasn't written it seemed like a lot of episodes to write AND produce so frequently...or maybe he had help or was just a hard-working supertalent?!

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom