• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

WABC: Bob Cruz

Don Juan said:
I was looking over this page on the musicradio77.com web site,

http://www.musicradio77.com/cruzhire.html

...and found this strange line on the Bob Cruz page:

Bob Cruz passed away prematurely, a victim of lifestyle.

Anyone know what this is supposed to mean?

This was discussed on one of the CBS-FM radio greats weekends in the early 90s. Bob Cruz was one of two WABC jocks to have died from AIDS. The other one was voiceover giant Bob Lewis in Jan 1987.

Don Juan said:
BruceS8852 said:
It is a euphemism for dieing of AIDS.

Thats kind of sleazy, isn't it?

I would hope the dentist would have more class than that...

"The dentist" is a right-winger at heart. How anyone who grew up worshipping Dan Ingram -- the whole reason he built that website in the first place -- could turn out to be such a humorless, conservative prig is baffling.

Mike said:
Don Juan said:
BruceS8852 said:
It is a euphemism for dieing of AIDS.

Thats kind of sleazy, isn't it?

I would hope the dentist would have more class than that...

"The dentist" is a right-winger at heart. How anyone who grew up worshipping Dan Ingram -- the whole reason he built that website in the first place -- could turn out to be such a humorless, conservative prig is baffling.

His politics don't matter to me much...it just seems that he's trying to give the guy a -zing- after he's gone...

Like I said...sleazy.

He can be a conservative..but my conservative mother taught me a few things: "If you can't say something nice, then don't say anything."

And: "Don't talk ill of the dead".

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom