Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: will kiss 98.7 ever stream?

will kiss 98.7 ever stream?

since hot 97 is streaming will emmis stream kiss 98.7?

Re: will kiss 98.7 ever stream?

I hope so, it's the last station in NYC from Emmis and CD 101.9 on HD2 who are not streaming yet. Kiss is a great station, I like to hear it. Maybe someone can setup an 'unofficial' stream with 98.7 Kiss on it by themself? I like to see the URL here.

As soon as someone can show how it is profitable Emmis will stream KISS. With the economy the way it is, if there is no profit in it, why do it.

This has nothing to do with bad economy because almost all Emmis stations desides to streaming there stations. It's better to stream to atract more listeners on other platforms these days.

It has everything to do with the economy and sales. With all the personnel cutbacks as well as the loss of revenue with lower sales numbers, why would a company willingly spend X about of dollars a month to stream if there is no return on the investment?
    By the way, there are more listeners in 10 minutes on an over the air signal than there is in 24 hours of streaming.

Quote Originally Posted by erwin33
    I hope so, it's the last station in NYC from Emmis and CD 101.9 on HD2 who are not streaming yet. Kiss is a great station, I like to hear it. Maybe someone can setup an 'unofficial' stream with 98.7 Kiss on it by themself? I like to see the URL here.

KISS is good. I wouldn't call it great. I like the D.L. Hughley Morning Show and the Sunday Talks Shows like Open Line and the Week in Review.

What stops it from being great is the any-Urban AC-station-in-the-Mid Atlantic or Midwest playlist. They only borrow from the top of Billboard's Top Urban AC singles chart. They then throw in an old Anita Baker or Luther Vandross song from the 1980s to break it up a little. I like Shaila Simpson's Midday Show, but have to turn it off after I hear Keyshia Cole and Jamie Foxx for the 9,967th time. I listen to WHUR/Washington,DC (#2 in the DC PPMS this week) online while I'm at work. I have my co-workers listening to 'HUR online also. WHUR plays the Top 10 Urban AC songs (Charlie Wilson,Anthony Hamilton,etc) along with new songs making it's way up the Urban AC Charts and local Washington,DC artists.

KISS sounds pretty good overall. They just need a little help with the music.

Quote Originally Posted by sfergie
    It has everything to do with the economy and sales. With all the personnel cutbacks as well as the loss of revenue with lower sales numbers, why would a company willingly spend X about of dollars a month to stream if there is no return on the investment?
    By the way, there are more listeners in 10 minutes on an over the air signal than there is in 24 hours of streaming.
    Bullshit, your whole comment.

So you think there is another reason that KISS is not streaming? How about an intelligent answer?

Quote Originally Posted by sfergie
    So you think there is another reason that KISS is not streaming? How about an intelligent answer?
    I give that answer a couple of postings above, but here are the facts: http://www.streamtheworld.com/en/new...aming-platform

I'd also love to listen to their station if they stream.

It's sad that they don't stream yet

Yet, all the Urban Pirates/and Caribbean Hip Hop Pirate stations here in Boston (many of them) about ?? 3-6 of them they all stream online

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast