Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Who Are The New Voices On 'PLR?

Who Are The New Voices On 'PLR?

This guy & gal do breakers, sweepers, ID, etc.

I've never heard her voice before, but I've heard his throughout the country.

--Thanks

Re: Who Are The New Voices On 'PLR?

I haven't listened yet, but have they freshened up the playlist at all?

Hard to believe but the playlist has become even worse. It seems like they have paired down the number of artists. I'm not sure who is running this station now but something needs to be don to save it. A new morning show would be a good start.

Quote Originally Posted by triple threat
    Hard to believe but the playlist has become even worse. It seems like they have paired down the number of artists. I'm not sure who is running this station now but something needs to be don to save it. A new morning show would be a good start.
    If ratings go in the tank or if advertisers start complaining about the tight playlist, then it will be tweaked. Otherwise, there's no reason for PLR to deviate from the tried-and-true 400 or so songs it's been playing for years. PLR is a lowest-common-denominator classic rocker, and that lowest common denominator demographic has always been more fertile territory for classic rock advertisers -- most of whom are looking for suckers to buy an overpriced or unnecessary product -- than a more adventurous, sophisticated audience.

Oh come on Tripple Threat... you know how many songs are in the playlist exactly but you don't know "who's running the station now"? I would guess it's the PD, the same person who's been running the station all along. And your constant digs at the morning show would certainly lead anyone to believe that you know way more than you let on. You have an anti-PLR agenda... so tell us who you are?

I just wan rock music to come back to Sw Fairfield County :'( can we go back 10-15 years when WPLR was rock 95.9 the FOX was rock.. WRKI 95.1 had a bigger playlist, WNEW Played Eddie Trunk/Rock 92.3 K-rock Was rock. FMS (fingers Metal Shop) was on 102.3 WBAB. these national consultants who some of you guys hire can Kiss My A**. Just look at 92.3 NOW for example their rating suck. I just listen to music on my blackberry, which includes WCCC. all us active rockers did not die. we just changed are trends and listen to Ipods, Satellite radio ETc. we would be back listening to FM radio if we had the opportunity of an active rocker. I speak on behalf of the many I see each day in my mid 20's. I am also yet to see anyone get any type of Arbitron rating to take to tell us what we listen to or survey. sometimes all it takes is asking normal people IN CT not the nation hey what would you like played or changed?
    Past college radio DJ<br />WWLR, WXCI,&nbsp; Naussau Broadcasting WMOO/WIKE

Quote Originally Posted by SoNo
    Oh come on Tripple Threat... you know how many songs are in the playlist exactly but you don't know "who's running the station now"? I would guess it's the PD, the same person who's been running the station all along. And your constant digs at the morning show would certainly lead anyone to believe that you know way more than you let on. You have an anti-PLR agenda... so tell us who you are?

It's not exactly a secret that classic rock stations play the same 400 songs. No insider information needed there.

*** modified for spelling***
    I just want rock music to come back to Sw Fairfield County :'( can we go back 10-15 years when WPLR was rock 95.9 the FOX was rock.. WRKI 95.1 had a bigger playlist, WNEW Played Eddie Trunk/Rock 92.3 K-rock Was rock. FMS (fingers Metal Shop) was on 102.3 WBAB. The national consultants who some of you guys hire can Kiss My A**. Look at 92.3 NOW for example their ratings suck. I Currently just listen to music on my blackberry, which includes WCCC. Active rockers like me do not die. we have just changed trends on how we listen to music. Ipods, Satellite radio ETc. We would be back listening to FM radio if we had the opportunity of an active rocker. I speak on behalf of the many I see each day in my mid 20's. I am also yet to see anyone get any type of Arbitron rating to take to tell us what we listen to or survey. Sometimes all it takes is asking normal people IN CT, or the location of the radio station (listening area). Not the nation. all you need to ask when you someone who likes the format: what would you like played or changed? Ask what there thoughts are about the station did they used to listen to the radio etc.. there are still some radio die hards out there still but not as many.
    Past college radio DJ<br />WWLR, WXCI,&nbsp; Naussau Broadcasting WMOO/WIKE

What I mean is I don't know who is programming the music since they fired the music director/mid day host. Not sure if it is the PD doing it or if they just passed it off to someone with no experience programing music. Yes I know that the playlist is 300 songs but there is a way to do it where you don't have the same bands playing every hour. I was listening a few days ago and for 3 consecutive hours they played an AC/DC, Rolling stones, and a Van Halen song(all Hagar by the way). All this tells me is that whoever is programing the music has no experience with Selector. I'm guessing they are using some part timer to program the music who is clueless as far as using this particular program and is using the lazy man's one click option and letting selector randomly pick the songs. In my experience it does a very bad job of this hence the repetition.

What I mean is I don't know who is programming the music since they fired the music director/mid day host. Not sure if it is the PD doing it or if they just passed it off to someone with no experience programing music. Yes I know that the playlist is 300 songs but there is a way to do it where you don't have the same bands playing every hour. I was listening a few days ago and for 3 consecutive hours they played an AC/DC, Rolling stones, and a Van Halen song(all Hagar by the way). All this tells me is that whoever is programing the music has no experience with Selector. I'm guessing they are using some part timer to program the music who is clueless as far as using this particular program and is using the lazy man's one click option and letting selector randomly pick the songs. In my experience it does a very bad job of this hence the repetition.
    1. Your attempt at describing Selector shows YOUR experience with the program. Just because it's not scheduled the way YOU want doesn't mean the person running Selector is inexperienced.

2. I went back in MediaBase 24/7 for the last week (since you said a few days ago) and didn't find a day when any of the groups in mentioned were played in the same 3 hours in a row. They all had individual times when they were played three hours in a row and a few hours when all three were played in the same hour, but never all three, three hours in a row as you stated. BTW, VH had numerous times when they were played once an hour for many hours at a time, but never were they all Hager songs. There is no doubt you are hearing these artists quite a bit, as they are core to the format, but I think you may have embellished what you claimed to have heard.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast