Thread: LOOKING FOR SOURCES FOR GIVEAWAY CD'S

alhiggin

LOOKING FOR SOURCES FOR GIVEAWAY CD'S

Does anybody have some phone numbers/e-mail address/websites/other source ideas for getting products for giveaways? We're talking a small market. Formats include country, classic rock and oldies.

Re: LOOKING FOR SOURCES FOR GIVEAWAY CD'S

Quote Originally Posted by alhiggin
    Does anybody have some phone numbers/e-mail address/websites/other source ideas for getting products for giveaways? We're talking a small market. Formats include country, classic rock and oldies.
    For Classic Rock and Oldies you can probably get some love from labels like Rhino Records, and even Universal and the like on their re-releases and re-packaged releases. They don't throw out tons of them, but they will provide some product, and will require airchecks, etc.
    Posts are my personal opinions and do not necessarily reflect those of my employer, our employees, advertisers, partners, affiliates. Only two at this price, stock # 85732 and 87231, see dealer for details.

Re: LOOKING FOR SOURCES FOR GIVEAWAY CD'S

Generally, the record labels will send you some. If you Google the companies you are looking for you should be able to track down some information. I had to generate a contact list for a small station in New Hampshire by calling the main offices for the various labels and asking for the contact info for my local rep. Took a while but it was worth it. And Rhino has always been good to small market stations

Another option is if there are any business locally you could do trade with. I know the days of the independent music shop are pretty much gone but is some small markets, the big boxes still have a bit of limited discretion working with the local media. You might be able to get a sponsorship and some giveaways to go along with it.