• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

New Cumulus AAA stations popping up everywhere...

darryl said:
BTW, I just listened to The Sound. They were playing ZZ Top's "Legs", which KFOG would never play, but which is fine by me, once in a while. But then they segued into... Jack Johnson's "Upside Down"? WTF!? And after that they went into the Eagle's "Life In The Fast Lane?" Good grief. Even I could program a computer to come up with a better playlist than that. Geeeeeeez.

Darryl, KFOG has played "Legs" 6 times since the first of the year and "Life in the Fast Lane" 32 times. No spins on "Upside Down," but 10 other Joe Jackson Songs have liberal plays this year.

Also, "Highway to Hell" and "You Shook Me All Night Long" 30+ plays each. "Sweet Home Alabama" chalked up 99, huge spins for Van Halen,

And if you check out the daily logs, you'll find plenty of segues comparable to the ones you mentioned.

It's easy to slam The Sound, but they're not that different from KFOG aside from the current to gold percentages...and the fact that KFOG has been around for decades.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom