Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 49

Thread: Thicker and wider //Pulse 87

  1. #11

    Re: Thicker and wider //Pulse 87

    Quote Originally Posted by Tony Santiago
    Quote Originally Posted by Nick
    I doubt enough men buy those products to get thicker and wider. Maybe 1 out of the cume of 700,000 buy that product. How much commission does Pulse 87 make, probably less than $10. They probably make more from the people that order a brand new computer after hearing those ads. At 2 AM, I'm listening to 87.7 and I hear just one ad in the stopset, the thicker and wider ad. Who in their right mind would order that product at 2 AM?
    The one concern that I did have with this spot, and I did address this directly, was the fact that this spot runs during the day parts!

    I was in my car with my 5 year old daughter listening to Pulse and then the commercial came on. My daughter then asked me what that was! I changed the word to "pencil" instead of penile. That was rather uncomfortable to say the least and now just as I hear the spot with my daughter in the car, I flip the dial elsewhere and if something else catches me musically, I'll be there for a bit. I'm wondering how many parents out there do the same exact thing? I also change the dial when the Ashley Madison ads are on.

    Just my opinion but a spot like that should air between the hours of 8PM to 6AM, when most small children are asleep.
    So does that mean you should pull the viagra commercials too? They are a sponsor of MLB and have a car in Nascar.

  2. #12

    Re: Thicker and wider //Pulse 87

    Quote Originally Posted by Dancerev889
    Quote Originally Posted by Tony Santiago
    Quote Originally Posted by Nick
    I doubt enough men buy those products to get thicker and wider. Maybe 1 out of the cume of 700,000 buy that product. How much commission does Pulse 87 make, probably less than $10. They probably make more from the people that order a brand new computer after hearing those ads. At 2 AM, I'm listening to 87.7 and I hear just one ad in the stopset, the thicker and wider ad. Who in their right mind would order that product at 2 AM?
    The one concern that I did have with this spot, and I did address this directly, was the fact that this spot runs during the day parts!

    I was in my car with my 5 year old daughter listening to Pulse and then the commercial came on. My daughter then asked me what that was! I changed the word to "pencil" instead of penile. That was rather uncomfortable to say the least and now just as I hear the spot with my daughter in the car, I flip the dial elsewhere and if something else catches me musically, I'll be there for a bit. I'm wondering how many parents out there do the same exact thing? I also change the dial when the Ashley Madison ads are on.

    Just my opinion but a spot like that should air between the hours of 8PM to 6AM, when most small children are asleep.
    So does that mean you should pull the viagra commercials too? They are a sponsor of MLB and have a car in Nascar.
    I do not know if you have heard the commercial on Pulse but it's pretty explicit. At least with Viagra, they don't get explicit about the intent of the product. Then I suppose with Viagra being as popular as it is and people know what it's about, there's no real need to them to have to "spell it out". I've heard Trojan ads too but they keep it "teasy" and not get explicit. And the only place I'm getting thicker and wider is my stomach and the cure for that is to hit the gym!

    I make no apologies for being a responsible parent to my daughter and I stand by my thoughts that such a commercial, as explicit as it is, should air past 8PM.
    TONY SANTIAGO,
    Coordinator, New York Dance Music Coalition - http://www.facebook.com/NYDanceMusic

    NYC CLUB HAPPENINGS, UPDATED WEEKLY! - http://twitter.com/NYDanceMusic
    NEW MUSIC SPOTLIGHT WITH TONY SANTIAGO - SUNDAYS 6PM (EASTERN) : http://www.partyradiousa.net/

  3. #13

    Re: Thicker and wider //Pulse 87

    Listen,..... Pulse has no ratings which equals no revenue. I defend them for running any type of commercials. Radio is in the business to make money. Wonder what ever happened to radio serving the public interest? Oh, forgot John Hogan ended that!

    radiogroupie
    Amore è cierco

  4. #14
    Inactive
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Posts
    1,689

    Re: Thicker and wider //Pulse 87

    Quote Originally Posted by radiogroupie
    Listen,..... Pulse has no ratings which equals no revenue. I defend them for running any type of commercials. Radio is in the business to make money. Wonder what ever happened to radio serving the public interest? Oh, forgot John Hogan ended that!

    radiogroupie
    Pulse is far from the only station airing such ads. K-Rock had them, as does RXP, as do other stations that are much higher in the ratings, on both FM and AM. It's a sign of the times. Of course, you'll use that to pick on Pulse without anything to back you up except your apparent hate of the station.

    As for no ratings, 700,000 listeners a week is *not* no ratings. Especially with the signal and dial position of the station, which you continue to conveniently ignore in your Pulse-bashing.

    Interesting that, as such a "radio groupie," you don't seem to have much to say about radio other than to bash Pulse and hype up Now.

  5. #15

    Re: Thicker and wider //Pulse 87

    all i know is that if it makes me thicker and wider then it's money worth spent lol.

  6. #16
    JohnParker
    Guest

    Re: Thicker and wider //Pulse 87

    They actually posted a poll on Facebook asking if they should pull the ads yesterday. A lot of "Yes pull them off" but also a lot of "they make me laugh so leave them on" responses. Guess there is no clear cut answer here.

    jp

  7. #17

    Re: Thicker and wider //Pulse 87

    Quote Originally Posted by JohnParker
    They actually posted a poll on Facebook asking if they should pull the ads yesterday. A lot of "Yes pull them off" but also a lot of "they make me laugh so leave them on" responses. Guess there is no clear cut answer here.

    jp
    And it's those "they make me laugh so leave them on" responses that makes Pulse look like a "joke" that it is embarrassing. It's something I don't want to see for this station.....being a mockery based on those "ads".

    I realize these ads earn money, which is why I say restrict them to later hours when children are asleep. It makes Pulse come off as "responsible" to all of its listeners by doing that. Add to the fact (because I have to do this now when my daughter is in the car) that people will continue to listen to the station (even through the commercials) instead of having to turn the dial elsewhere when that ad appears, thus going to another station hearing music, until Pulse comes back to doing music again.

    Hey, I'm no prude and if it was just me in the car, I don't care. But with young kids in the car as parents are tuning in, there has to be some responsibility. I certainly don't want any parent in here to "blush" when their small child asks "Why is thicker better?"
    TONY SANTIAGO,
    Coordinator, New York Dance Music Coalition - http://www.facebook.com/NYDanceMusic

    NYC CLUB HAPPENINGS, UPDATED WEEKLY! - http://twitter.com/NYDanceMusic
    NEW MUSIC SPOTLIGHT WITH TONY SANTIAGO - SUNDAYS 6PM (EASTERN) : http://www.partyradiousa.net/

  8. #18
    JohnParker
    Guest

    Re: Thicker and wider //Pulse 87

    So Tony, I'm curious as to your opinion of sexually suggestive music then. Should that, in your opinion, be limited to play after 8pm or do you feel that it's appropriate for all dayparts.

    jp


  9. #19

    Re: Thicker and wider //Pulse 87

    I wonder if this thread is the ultimate reason why removing those ads was considered.

  10. #20
    JohnParker
    Guest

    Re: Thicker and wider //Pulse 87

    Alex posted on his Facebook page that the Pulse fans have spoken and they will be removing the ads.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

     
Useful Contacts
Community


123