• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

SICK OF THE NEGATIVITY

Adam Rivers

Inactive
Inactive User
on this board. "Who sucks", "Who should be fired", "This station sucks", "I was fired 10 years ago and I'm still bitter".....

Let's talk about people doing good in Connecticut radio. Good stations, good jocks, good features.

Adam Rivers said:
Let's talk about people doing good in Connecticut radio. Good stations, good jocks, good features.

Your station I-98.3 is a good station. I've liked it for years. It's a neat small-town radio station.

WINY 1350 in Putnam is another neat little station. I like it and listen to their stream once in a while.

WATR 1320 in Waterbury is another station I like to listen to. And all though most of the music is piped in from the Dial Global service, at least they have jocks, unlike the True Oldies Channel, which has one jock VTed 24/7. Plus you can't beat local high school sports.

WCCC 1290. What can I say? Classical Music is Cool. Plus you can't beat high school sports and they carry all the sports - football, basketball, hockey, baseball, softball, etc. Select games from both High Schools in West Hartford. Plus their play-by-play announcer is top notch - Peter Lamoureux who's worked at stations including WELI New Haven, WPOP Hartford, WNTY Southington, and WICE in Providence. (current play-by-play schedule can be found here: http://wtmi.com/sports.php)

Bring back personality radio and then we can talk. There are talented people in the business who deserve a chance to shine. Nobody should have to work overnights or evenings for more than five years. There needs to be more opportunity in local radio. Allow jocks to develop into personalities. That's were success is at.

Adam Rivers said:
on this board. "Who sucks", "Who should be fired", "This station sucks", "I was fired 10 years ago and I'm still bitter".....

Thank you, Adam! This is the best post that's been here in a LONG time!

if you're SICK of negativity, take a POSITIVE view of negativity. ::)

MarcB said:
Your station I-98.3 is a good station. I've liked it for years. It's a neat small-town radio station.

I agree!

Whenever i goto CT i always tune in :)

Dont you guys stream now??

Thanks for the compliments on the work we do at i98.3....but still don't see a lot of other stuff mentioned about good stuff going on in CT radio, so I'll mention a few.

I agree on WINY, for an area with not a lot of local media at all, they do an excellent job covering Putnam, etc.

I've always been a big fan of Damon Scott on TIC-FM, every break is compelling radio and keeps the listener tuned in.

I think 98Q in Danbury sounds great, local and focused on the community.

WKZE up in Sharon. Best Radio station in the state...period.

Other good ones: WMRD 1150 in Middletown. WINY in Putnam is good too.

The Marty McGillicuddies ruined Connecticut radio. You CANT do radio without local personality. Billy Bush? lol....

Adam Rivers said:

Haven't they been tanking in the ratings lately? At least, that's what I heard a month or 2 ago. (Not meant to be negative, Adam, just a serious inquiry.)

PancakesRule said:
Adam Rivers said:

Haven't they been tanking in the ratings lately? At least, that's what I heard a month or 2 ago. (Not meant to be negative, Adam, just a serious inquiry.)
They have had a lot of changes there. Morning show is new, along with other personnel moves. Would not be surprised if they dipped in their target demo.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom