• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Kiss95.7 Wins Award For Best Morning Show?

According to the Hartford Advocate.

Courtney & Kiss In The Morning, featuring Courtney, WalMart Jeff & Jordan.

I'd rather listen to Sebastian on The Rock-106.9WCCC

*groan* There are 4 morning shows I listen to depending on what mood I'm in. Nancy and Buck on HOT 93.7, Jerry K on 102.9 The Big D, Bob Muscatell on WMRD 1150, and Mike & Mike on 98.1 Campus Radio/ESPN 1410.

Unfortuneately my all-time favorite morning show is no longer on the air. That was "Morgan in the Morning" with Thom Morgan on the now-defunct WXCT 990. Call the show hokey, but it made for great radio in my opinion. Thom talking about his family, where he went to dinner, what he had for dinner, who he ran into at his other job, etc. It was just like a conversation with a good friend. IMO radio would be much better if there were more shows like the one Thom used to do.

Hey Marc B,

Agreed on Thom Morgan

Great guy & jock -

Remember when he was on 'DRC-FM?

He did AM Drive & I did 7-12 on Merv Griffins' Magic104

amfmradio1 said:
Hey Marc B,

Agreed on Thom Morgan

Great guy & jock -

Remember when he was on 'DRC-FM?

He did AM Drive & I did 7-12 on Merv Griffins' Magic104

That was before my time, but I remember him mentioning on air he had been at WDRC and WIOF a long time ago. And he mentioned on the after he was hired by Charlie Profit at WXCT in February 2004 that it was his 2nd time working at 990 and when they brought him back again from January 07 until May 07, it was his third time working at 990.

Thom was cool. When I was involved with WXCT I didn't have my driver's license and my mom didn't like going down to the station so she would pick me up at the library (about a mile or so up the street). Well one afternoon after doing the afternoon show with Charlie I didn't feel like walking up to the library and Thom offered me a ride. Well the seatbelt in his car wouldn't fit around me so Thom told me to hang on and that he'll aim my side of the car towards the telephone pole. *LOL*

I also got to meet his nephew at the station's Farewell Breakfast in April 04. Thom was out in the lobby mingling with the guests I was in the studio along with his nephew. His nephew said "I would like to go over there and play with all those buttons." I told him that if he did his uncle would kick his butt.

I wonder if he's still employed in the private-sector. Last I knew his real job was in the mortgage department of a major bank in downtown Hartford.

I wonder if his schtick would work in middays or afternoon drive. If I had unlimited money and could afford to buy WXCT, I'd hire, but not for morning drive because I want to do morning drive.

All it takes is the right PR campaign to get the Advocate votes since it's all in who gets the most online votes. Hell, CC could've had every cluster employee vote for WKSS just to put it on top - all 10 of 'em.

qunewsguy said:
All it takes is the right PR campaign to get the Advocate votes since it's all in who gets the most online votes. Hell, CC could've had every cluster employee vote for WKSS just to put it on top - all 10 of 'em.

and, they probably did just that. fact is, many small papers do "Best Of" polls, and i haven't seen one yet that reflects what Arbitron says is the #1 morning show or station. so i wouldn't celebrate too much if i were them. as far as the KISS morning show, its sad but it is the "Standard Fare" for morning radio, not much music, 3 or 4 people behind a mic laughing at themselves, and talking about, hollywood celebrities, body parts, sexual innuendo and things that don't matter to anybody, except to them.

When I was involved with WXCT I didn't have my driver's license and my mom didn't like going down to the station so she would pick me up at the library (about a mile or so up the street). Well one afternoon after doing the afternoon show with Charlie I didn't feel like walking up to the library and Thom offered me a ride. Well the seatbelt in his car wouldn't fit around me so Thom told me to hang on and that he'll aim my side of the car towards the telephone pole. *LOL*

(Quote)

i hope he didn't tell his mother this story at the time, i imagine she would have been horrified.

MarcB said:
*groan* There are 4 morning shows I listen to depending on what mood I'm in. Nancy and Buck on HOT 93.7, Jerry K on 102.9 The Big D, Bob Muscatell on WMRD 1150, and Mike & Mike on 98.1 Campus Radio/ESPN 1410.

Unfortuneately my all-time favorite morning show is no longer on the air. That was "Morgan in the Morning" with Thom Morgan on the now-defunct WXCT 990. Call the show hokey, but it made for great radio in my opinion...

MarcB said:
... I was involved with WXCT... If I had unlimited money and could afford to buy WXCT, I'd hire, but not for morning drive because I want to do morning drive.

Boy, Marc. Your opinion of the best morning show in Hartford is so biased, it makes Fox News look like Edward R. Murrow.

The Advocate newspapers are rags. Who cares about what they print? If they consider the KSS 95.7 morning show to be #1, then I can't imagine what they think about the Country 92.5 morning monstrosity.

Earth 2 Sebastian, there is only 1 Howard Stern, so get lost!

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom