• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

KJMN Drops Super Estrella for Jose

ChaseW

Frequent Participant
I haven't had a chance to see if it happened yet but I heard that 92.1 is dropping it's Super Estrella Format for Jose.

Who the heck is Jose,,, and why dont they just bring back the old JAMMIN 92.1 from 1996 when they went head to head with KQKS,,, but with a more mainstream CHR format... I know Denver has 107.1,, which is a good station,, but KJMN probably has the better metro signal.

I would have to agree....MWC..........What the Hell is JOSE?? Entravision would make more money bringing back a CHR-Style Format with the Jammin Moniker. I can't understand why no one will Give KS any Serious competition..??.......it's almost like everyone is scared of KS or something :eek: :eek:

Entravision owns KBMB 103.5 in Sacramento....they could just go with a similar format with the KJMN calls...........

No sure why Entravision has Imprisoned the KJMN calls Spanish Music the last 8-9 years.... ::) ::)

I'd say the closest station giving KS 107.5 some competition is 95.7 The Party. It's still labelled as a Rhythmic AC, but it only goes back to the 90s and is very very Hip Hop friendly.

Ditto on Chrles... Party leans older, but really plays alot of 90s Hardcore Gangsta Rap that othr Rhthmic ACs wont touch... A bit of Dance Music, but not much,,, it almost sounds like it was researched for the older audience that grew up with KS 104 in the 90s,, except KS back then would play more Dance music and an occasional Rock-POP track,,, Hell even KS went almost full blown CHR in like 94,, but in 95 and 96 was very Dance Leaning,, but when they flipped to 107.5 they became pretty much an urban station with most the Dance and POP dropped within the first few months of the signal swop.

What are these crazy words you ar using? no comprende, NO COMPRENDE!

BTW, great idea using the name "Jose" as "Jack" does so well (note the sarcasm).

LOL yeah my spelling was pretty bad last night... I was Drunk,, I admit it,,,, You ought to see how bad I spell in chat rooms when trying to type really fast,, especially if I had a few too many.. But yeah,, Doesnt that suck that Entravision has been hogging the perfect KJMN Calls for 13 years,, but only used them as Jammin for One Year... Jammin was starting to give KS 104 some competition, even stealing alot of the KS airstaff, but when KS got the big 107.5 signal I think Jammin didnt think they could compete.??????/ ??? ??? ??? ??? ???

Having a drink or 2 isn't a bad thing especially in these hard economic times...heck you need something for relieve the stress for a minute at least :D

On the Entravision thing.......Yeah they have 2 good calls KJMN & KXPK Locked up that have no association with their Tri Color Spanish Formats.......those are 2 good call letters that are just wasting away. 92.1 can't be making much money. :eek:

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom