• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

101.5 FM vs. 93.3 & KBCO

I

insidelookinout

Don't know if anyone has tuned in to 101.5fm the new adult alternative station, but in my opinion, it blows away anything Denver radio has heard since I moved here 15 years ago. It's a little older skewing than 93.3 and their kiddie angst rock and not as douchy as KBCO's too cool for the room attitude and eclectic mix of good & garbage. They also are playing local bands in regular rotation which is refreshing! I found out they are owned by Denver Radio Company who also owns a Top 40 station 107.1 (no comment- I hate the same 40 R&B and rap songs over & over and that's what top 40 is these days).
I guess they are pretty much allowed to play whatever they want on 101.5 because I requested a song from morning guy Whip- who is funny, sarcastic, & fun to listen to in between great music- and the song was played within 10 minutes. Wow, a station with live jocks that takes requests, and plays local music & serves the community. What a concept. I may not even renew my satellite radio subscription this year.
If anyone from 101.5 reads this....THANKS!!! ;D

I was hip to them awhile ago and...no one seemed to care on this board. They might've found a hole in the market. Their signal is the biggest issue along with them being in bankruptcy. I've heard that going 'dark' is a possibility. Too bad if that's the case because the station feels like how radio once was.

wow, I sure hope they don't go dark. I read about the bankruptcy and I know these are hard times but this station is a throwback. Who is programming it? I know from a few sources that staffers at 93.3 are not happy about the competition. If 101.5 can pull a 2 share, it can make money A 25-54. Classic Alternative- who'd have thought that was even a possibility 10 years ago?!!!

I heard it was J.J. Jeffries doing the programming. Not for certain. He's one of the best in the business. I wish him the best here. He programmed and did middays at 98 KUPD in Phoenix when I lived there years ago. Also more recently Area 108 (Alt.) in Las Vegas.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom