• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

The .wav

Nock said:
Eduardo sends his best, he just can't get away from the Nashville board.

Nock

:D Nock, do me a favor and keep him busy over there!!!

Seriously guys, thanks so much for listening and the kind words. Knowing that there are diehard, knowledgeable fans of this music who truly appreciate the station makes all of the hard work to keep it running and current worth it. I appreciate your friendship and passion, and having the faith in me to deliver a product you can all be proud of. One of my early liners for the station was, "Built by the listeners. Built for the listeners." That mantra will NEVER change, trust me. You all have had a hand in the station's growth through your input and suggestions. Please keep them coming!!

Keep it smooth, gang!!!

Chris

I wanted you all to know that based on the recommendation of Interstate 78 from this forum, I decided to sign up with Audio Now to enable everyone to tune in from a standard touch tone or mobile phone. This will enable those without broadband Internet access to enjoy the station. Once I get the phone number assigned to me and the station is activated at Audio Now, I'll let everyone know! Thanks again to I-78 for the suggestion. MUCH more affordable than I thought it would be.

Chris

Yes, having since heard about the wav (right here!) and enjoying it at work.... I'm now having issues whereby when the site opens up and displays the current song, there's no audio? I thought perhaps the stream was having issues, but having tried it now on separate occasions with the same problem... I guess it's something else. I'll have to try it at home to see if it plays ok there.

But I too will second (and third) the congratulatory praises on an excellent enterprise ;D

RBW said:
Yes, having since heard about the wav (right here!) and enjoying it at work.... I'm now having issues whereby when the site opens up and displays the current song, there's no audio? I thought perhaps the stream was having issues, but having tried it now on separate occasions with the same problem... I guess it's something else. I'll have to try it at home to see if it plays ok there.

But I too will second (and third) the congratulatory praises on an excellent enterprise ;D

RBW, thanks so much for checking out the station and the kind words! If I may ask, what tuner are you using? My guess is it's the one located at my Loudcity station page (by clicking on the "Listen Live Now" link). Sometimes, it takes a few seconds for audio to kick in even though the track data appears. I have also noticed that sometimes you have to even depress the triangular "play" button on the Loudcity player to get audio. The Loudcity station page is nice, as it gives listeners a forum to talk to each other about the station and music I feature. But since the tuner itself acts as a repeater of my live signal and has to go through another layer of the Internet to transmit, it sometimes falls victim to minor and temporary traffic/buffering issues. If you continue to have problems, may I suggest using one of the other tuners I have posted on the website (Winamp, Windows Media, Real Player, Quicktime). Or, you can also find me in Apple iTunes radio directory under "Jazz" listed alphabetically under "The .wav" Either of those options should display the track data for you as well in the player.

Thanks again for listening!!! If you continue to have issues, please PM or e-mail offline and we'll try to resolve them.

Chris

If I may ask, what tuner are you using? My guess is it's the one located at my Loudcity station page (by clicking on the "Listen Live Now" link). Sometimes, it takes a few seconds for audio to kick in even though the track data appears. I have also noticed that sometimes you have to even depress the triangular "play" button on the Loudcity player to get audio.

Yes it's Loudcity, and I've waited patiently for a few mins, AND clicked the play button too... still nothing. Might have to try one of the other players... except on my work computer, most players won't initiate. It used to work fine though... just not recently.

RBW said:
If I may ask, what tuner are you using? My guess is it's the one located at my Loudcity station page (by clicking on the "Listen Live Now" link). Sometimes, it takes a few seconds for audio to kick in even though the track data appears. I have also noticed that sometimes you have to even depress the triangular "play" button on the Loudcity player to get audio.

Yes it's Loudcity, and I've waited patiently for a few mins, AND clicked the play button too... still nothing. Might have to try one of the other players... except on my work computer, most players won't initiate. It used to work fine though... just not recently.

I did recently transition from an old Loudcity page to a new one (even though the URL technically didn't change). But there was a transition period when I kept the old Loudcity encoder active. I pulled it down last week. You may want to clear your browser cache and try tuning in again from the wavjazz.net website. Loudcity may prompt you again to enter whether you are on a dial-up or high speed connection before you are taken to the station page. Here is the current URL for the Loudcity stream. Compare it with the one you have bookmarked. I've been able to tune in tonight with no problem. Hope it works out for you!

http://www.loudcity.com/stations/the-wav-smooth-jazz/tune_in

I was away for a few days so I missed AC's post that he's going to be on AudioNow soon! I am very excited and I'm the low-tech type when it comes to smart phones, and I think AudioNow's service of broadcasting radio through a standard phone # is a genius of an idea. One of those so simple it's great things! I'm glad you could use my suggestion! I can't wait for that phone # because I have unlimited night and weekend minutes on my phone and I'll be dialing in all the time! Congratulations!

Interstate 78 said:
I was away for a few days so I missed AC's post that he's going to be on AudioNow soon! I am very excited and I'm the low-tech type when it comes to smart phones, and I think AudioNow's service of broadcasting radio through a standard phone # is a genius of an idea. One of those so simple it's great things! I'm glad you could use my suggestion! I can't wait for that phone # because I have unlimited night and weekend minutes on my phone and I'll be dialing in all the time! Congratulations!

I never like to shamelessly bump a thread about my station, but I promised you guys to post my Audionow number once it became active. You can now tune in from a landline or mobile phone by simply dialing 443-261-3113. No need for a costly mobile data plan! Sure, you are not going to get the near CD-quality sound you would from a broadband connection. But it gives listeners who are unable to afford one, mobile or otherwise, to listen. 8) And if Internet radio is EVER going to compete with the big boys, we need to make it more accessible, mobile, and affordable to listeners.

AC Tones said:
I never like to shamelessly bump a thread about my station, but I promised you guys to post my Audionow number once it became active. You can now tune in from a landline or mobile phone by simply dialing 443-261-3113. No need for a costly mobile data plan! Sure, you are not going to get the near CD-quality sound you would from a broadband connection. But it gives listeners who are unable to afford one, mobile or otherwise, to listen. 8) And if Internet radio is EVER going to compete with the big boys, we need to make it more accessible, mobile, and affordable to listeners.

We love hearing about your station AC. 8) I have been without internet and computer (screen went out) and listened to the wav via our home phone. Thank you for offering that service. Keep up the great work buddy.

Jazz_Kat said:
AC Tones said:

We love hearing about your station AC. 8) I have been without internet and computer (screen went out) and listened to the wav via our home phone. Thank you for offering that service. Keep up the great work buddy.

So glad you have been able to take advantage of it, Jazz Kat! It really is a neat service, particularly when your computer lets you down. :eek:

Since you bumped the thread, I might as well take another moment to shamelessly self-promote! ;D When your computer issues are resolved, check out the new Flash player. Real convenient....it pops up and automatically starts after clicking the "Listen Live Now" link from my main page. I will also soon be listed in Windows Media Radio directory (already listed in iTunes under "Jazz"), so stay tuned for that. And for mobile listeners, there is a TERRIFIC app with Android, iPhone, and BlackBerry support at www.tunein.com! The app is FREE for BlackBerry users. Very attractive now playing script with album artwork. We're listed there under "The .wav," and once you add the station as a preset, you can access it instantaneously every time you launch the app. VERY reliable (no bugs), and crystal clear listening. Just get yourself an external audio cable, pop it into your car stereo, and you can be free from the world of Smooth A/C forever! :D

Thanks again for listening and the kind words! Makes it all worthwhile for me!

Since you bumped the thread, I might as well take another moment to shamelessly self-promote! ;D When your computer issues are resolved, check out the new Flash player. Real convenient....it pops up and automatically starts after clicking the "Listen Live Now" link from my main page. I will also soon be listed in Windows Media Radio directory (already listed in iTunes under "Jazz"), so stay tuned for that. And for mobile listeners, there is a TERRIFIC app with Android, iPhone, and BlackBerry support at www.tunein.com! The app is FREE for BlackBerry users. Very attractive now playing script with album artwork. We're listed there under "The .wav," and once you add the station as a preset, you can access it instantaneously every time you launch the app. VERY reliable (no bugs), and crystal clear listening. Just get yourself an external audio cable, pop it into your car stereo, and you can be free from the world of Smooth A/C forever! :D

I downloaded the itune app for my ipod touch (it cost me all of $1). The app has a recording function on it, too, so I can record any of the streams available through tunein.com. I can manually record with it, or set a specific time and duration for it to record at a later time. All I have to do is pop my ipod in the charging dock, and leave the app open, and it does all the work. I usually let it record while I"m asleep...next morning, I just pull it out of the dock, throw it in the car and hook the ipod up to the stereo, and voila...instant "faux streaming". :D

passtheword said:

I downloaded the itune app for my ipod touch (it cost me all of $1). The app has a recording function on it, too, so I can record any of the streams available through tunein.com. I can manually record with it, or set a specific time and duration for it to record at a later time. All I have to do is pop my ipod in the charging dock, and leave the app open, and it does all the work. I usually let it record while I"m asleep...next morning, I just pull it out of the dock, throw it in the car and hook the ipod up to the stereo, and voila...instant "faux streaming". :D

Wow, that's brilliant!! And I assume this could be accomplished without a mobile data plan? That's what I call creative and cost-effective listening, brother! ;)

AC Tones said:
passtheword said:

Wow, that's brilliant!! And I assume this could be accomplished without a mobile data plan? That's what I call creative and cost-effective listening, brother! ;)

No data plan, as this is all using the wifi connection on my ipod touch. So...no extra expense...just what I'm already paying for my internet service here at home. :) And...no dropouts one would encounter listening via a phone. It even records the song title, artist info, etc that normally displays when using the app "live", so if I want to buy a particular song, I can buy it through itunes (or somewhere else later). I can stop the recording, pause it, and advance forward and backward in time with it as well. And no smooth AC, either... ;)

AC Tones said:
recto101 said:
KSBR is another station that functions like THe .Wav

You'll get no complaints about KSBR from me.

I have a Shoutbox set up now on the listening page at http://loudcity.com/stations/the-wav-smooth-jazz/files/show/wavjazzlistenlivenow.html. Feel free to stop by and say Hi! :)

For some reason, I don't think this topic should be on the second page. ;D There's always new folks who come by an read what we post and there should be a station (The Wav) for them to stream this great music, rather what "they" want us to believe smooth jazz is.

KSBR is a good station to listen too. Music that you're not going to find anywhere else. Thanks for the message back on Shoutbox AC. 8)

As always, I appreciate the support and kind words, Jazz_Kat! :) Just doing whatever small part I can to keep this music alive on the Internet. Just wish more folks in the industry would get behind locally-owned and programmed terrestrial stations like WSBZ and Internet broadcasters 100%, and adapt with us and our listeners. I still see a reliance/deference to "old school" strategies and those who espouse them, which collectively have failed this genre and its base listeners.

And to you, and the half-dozen or so listeners I have on this board ;), I cannot do this thing ALONE. This is YOUR station, built by a base listener for base listeners. Your input is invaluable, so PLEASE e-mail me and let me know what's working and what isn't. I do my best to stay current and expand the playlist, but I can't catch it all. Good stuff falls through the cracks, both old and new, and that's when I need you guys to keep me honest and programming tight.

Hello from a Canadian smooth jazz fan. Up here, we have CIWV Wave 94.7 in Hamilton, Ontario, which is a very well-programmed station. .wav Jazz interests me, but for some strange reason, the web page refuses to load on my computer. AC Tones, is there any way this can be fixed? I'm definitely interested in streaming your station online. Judging by the comments in this thread, .wav Jazz seems to be pretty awesome :).

Mark77 said:
Hello from a Canadian smooth jazz fan. Up here, we have CIWV Wave 94.7 in Hamilton, Ontario, which is a very well-programmed station. .wav Jazz interests me, but for some strange reason, the web page refuses to load on my computer. AC Tones, is there any way this can be fixed? I'm definitely interested in streaming your station online. Judging by the comments in this thread, .wav Jazz seems to be pretty awesome :).

Hey Mark77. We'd love to have you! Website was temporarily down (issue with the web host). It's back up now. Keep in mind that if this happens, it doesn't necessarily mean you can't stream. The website host is independent from the stream providers. You can always find me in the iTunes radio directory under Jazz (The .wav), or just visit to new "Tune In" page at http://loudcity.com/stations/the-wav-smooth-jazz/files/show/wavjazzlistenlivenow.html. The Flash Player loads automatically there. Peace. 8)

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom