• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

The .wav

JoshB

Frequent Participant
Been listening to it for a few weeks now, and WOW, this by far is the best programmed station I have heard in awhile. Seriously, I think it sounds better than Smoothjazz.com and sky.fm's SJ station, IMO, and of course it blows anything they have left out there on the FM dial still considered "smooth jazz". The programming is the perfect blend of new material, classic SJ tracks, and deep SJ tracks with a hint of chill and new age. AC Tones, thank you so much! I don't know why the Radio industry can't pick up talented people like you (who knows exactly what the listener likes) and let you run their stations. I'm hoping in the next few years, mobile data plans get cheaper, so I can stream your station on the way to work. I would pay to keep your station on, keep up the good work. ;D

I'll second that! ;D

This is how I thought XM Watercolors would originally be programmed, but they weren't, so I dropped them after sinking around $1000 on an original Sony P n' P and 5 years of subscriptions. :mad:

Show AC Tones a little love and send him a donation! http://www.wavjazz.net/

I'll gladly pay for a contemporary jazz/NAC radio station that sounds better than anything else out there!!! :D

Guys,

I am humbled by your kind comments about the station. You guys from the board ESPECIALLY have helped make it better and better with each passing day through your suggestions and quality feedback. This whole thing has been quite a thrill for me, from Keith Riker to big name artists doing liners for the station. I know they wouldn't want their names associated with an inferior product, so you guys deserve plenty of credit as well for helping me refine it. I am thankful to have you as listeners, and hope I can continue to provide you the quality programming you deserve!!!!

Peace,

Chris

"The .wav" continues to amaze!!

Having respected air personalities like Keith Riker contribute to your station, as well as top SJ talent like Peter White, Chris Standring, and Brian Hughes (just to name a few) introducing the absolute best songs the genre has to offer, what more could a SJ aficionado ask for??!!

But just when I though the station couldn't get any better, today I hear a very professional female doing liners for "The .wav"!! Simply fantastic!!

Keep up the great work Chris...and continued success with the finest contemporary smooth jazz station on the planet, "The .wav"!!

DD

Congrats to "The .wav" on its one year anniversary. I've been listening for a little under a year now and it is by far my favorite station. AC Tones has done a hell of a good job programming it! Loved the new "Timerider" program today btw, which showcases SJ tracks from a particular year. Keep up the good work man and thanks for helping keep the format alive! ;)

And a hearty ditto from me, Chris! The.WAV is constantly on when I'm home. It's the first thing I turn on when I get home and last thing I turn off before crashing to bed. I beam it wirelessly all over the house and outside. You are class act, my friend. You're doin' the Lord's work for sure. Much continued success...!

Randy - aka Smoothguy

Congrats Chris!!

"The. wav" is the absolute finest contemporary smooth jazz station I have every heard, thanks to your hard work, dedication, and programming talents!!

Many thanks for keeping contemporary smooth jazz alive!!

Continued success!!

DD

Thanks guys. Pleasure having all of you as regular listeners. Thanks for your support and friendship.:)

Chris

AC, Have you checked into AudioNow? One of my favorite little college stations to listen to that plays a lot of smooth jazz uses them. It's a thing where listeners can dial into a plain old telephone # and listen on any plain old phone. I'm not sure if they'd offer it to just an internet station, but it's worth a shot. My sources tell me that the college station I'm talking about only paid a 100 dollar startup fee and the rest is advertiser supported. AudioNow's website is http://audionow.com/ and if you want to sample a station that's using it, check out http://kur.kutztown.edu/ and scroll for the article about "KUR Now Available on Your Phone" for the phone #. I don't know if it's allowed to post phone #'s here, so just go to the website. The only charge is for calling a Pennsylvania phone # which for many people is nothing since most of us have those unlimited nights plans or even total "freedom" plans with unlimited calls whenever. Check it out, AC. I'd love to be able to hear the .wav on my phone whenever I want. I'm not near a computer much and I'm too low-tech for one of those fancy internet smart phones. That's the beauty of AudioNow.

Interstate 78 said:
AC, Have you checked into AudioNow? One of my favorite little college stations to listen to that plays a lot of smooth jazz uses them. It's a thing where listeners can dial into a plain old telephone # and listen on any plain old phone. I'm not sure if they'd offer it to just an internet station, but it's worth a shot. My sources tell me that the college station I'm talking about only paid a 100 dollar startup fee and the rest is advertiser supported. AudioNow's website is http://audionow.com/ and if you want to sample a station that's using it, check out http://kur.kutztown.edu/ and scroll for the article about "KUR Now Available on Your Phone" for the phone #. I don't know if it's allowed to post phone #'s here, so just go to the website. The only charge is for calling a Pennsylvania phone # which for many people is nothing since most of us have those unlimited nights plans or even total "freedom" plans with unlimited calls whenever. Check it out, AC. I'd love to be able to hear the .wav on my phone whenever I want. I'm not near a computer much and I'm too low-tech for one of those fancy internet smart phones. That's the beauty of AudioNow.

Thanks, I-78. I will check it out for sure, particularly if it is as affordable as you say it is. The more folks I can reach to share our passion with, the better. Happy 4th!

Chris

Just bought an iPhone 3gs this week and guess what?

I CAN STREAM THE .WAV 24/7 using AT&T's 3G network!!! ;D

In fact I can get it without 3G here in Saint Augustine FL (for some reason no coverage for St. Johns county yet).

Thank god I got this, now I can listen in the car to the .wav or even use the iPhone like a transistor radio while at the beach or wherever.

Bye bye terrestrial radio, it's been a nice ride! lolol

That's great, brother! :) AT&T has the best 3G network out there, so I doubt you'll have any buffering issues at all. And the nice thing about car radios these days is that most now come with an AUX stereo input right on the face, so you can pump that sweet digital signal right through your system.

I was really impressed with Sprint's network as well--picked the station up continuously from Annapolis to Hilton Head (and driving along the coast as well), and only experienced a small number of stream losses not lasting any more than 10-15 seconds. And those 5GB plans go a long way when you're pulling in a compressed signal. The technology these days just blows my mind. And the mobile data plans are far more affordable than I was originally led to believe, and if you can work something out with your existing provider, all the better!!!

Chris

Just out of curiosity, how are you guys connecting to the stream on your mobile devices? Do you go to loudcity page directly? I actually have to copy the pls link (the one where it has to launch a player) and open the link directly from my phone. The only problem is sometimes it won't open (I think the cache_bust changes?) and I have copy the link again. It's a quirky setup, but it's definitely worth. I can't go without my daily fix of "the .wav". ;D

Hey JoshB: I gave majaman78 the direct URL to my stream (like I did you), and he told me that the only problem he has experienced is that his particular county does not have the 3G network, but he can still pull in the stream (and he gets 3G everywhere else).

As for me, I am on Sprint's 3G network and use a Sierra Wireless USB 598 plug-and-play device. It conveniently connects to one of my laptop's USB ports. Once I am connected, I go to wavjazz.net, click on the Live Live Now link, which takes me to the Loudcity launch page. I then use the speaker output to plug in a stereo cable to connect to AUX jack on the face of my car stereo, and you are on your way!!! ;D

Chris

Oh you did, I'll probably have go back through my emails, and get the original link you sent. I've been connecting through the external player links (the itunes one), and it will work awhile, but for whatever reason sometimes it won't play the stream. Once I'm connected though, I'm golden, gotta love Sprint's 3G network. ;D

Congrats Chris, on this, the 2nd Anniversary for "The .wav"!! :)

Many thanks for all of your hard work, your dedication, and your passion to keep this glorious music alive!

"The.wav" has been my "go-to" source for the finest in contemporary smooth jazz for nearly 2 years. I am thankful not only for your fabulous musical programming, but for your friendship as well!!

Continued success, with many more "anniversaries" to come!!

DD

Happy Anniversary! I found myself listening to it more and more each day. Keep up the great work!

I've gotta add my Congrats, Chris, on your 2nd anniversary. The.wav is the finest example of music streaming anywhere on the web. Bar none. Terrestrial is so yesterday... Who needs it? Can't thank you enough for all your hard work my friend.

-Smoothguy

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom