A day in the life of a lamptimer - Page 188
Page 188 of 189 FirstFirst ... 88138178186187188189 LastLast
Results 1,871 to 1,880 of 1884

Thread: A day in the life of a lamptimer

Yes indeedy! But how many readers of this board remember the drifting lamptimer and what we're talking 'bout?
    Dr. Akbar 'n Nurse Jeff
    The Middle Eastern Men of the Media
    Buckeye, AZ

The only Pumpkin Spice flavored radio consultants!

Banned
    Drift on, lamptimer, drift on. The mystique of the Lumberyard was lost with the Gump. Mother Hubbard brought the Goldminers up to that new fangled FM band that used to play the elevator music and weird B-side rock stuff, and even thought so much of "Arizona Gold" that they took it further, going digital to feed that FM signal to the 'Miners. Those colon blow commercials pack that little extra punch in FM stereo, you know. As nurturing as the good Mother has apparently been to the Lumberyard, she also made the old girl at 1440 obsolete in the process.

Quote Originally Posted by The Harsh Reality View Post
    As nurturing as the good Mother has apparently been to the Lumberyard, she also made the old girl at 1440 obsolete in the process.
    It's time we made Lumberyard 14~Forty great again. At the very least, Edd Byrnes and Connie Stevens biggest hit needs to be reinstated in pow-pow-power rotation. And yes, this means the return of Radio Sri, Culinary Confessions, and News from Canada.

Yo, Goldminers - even with 52 watts, you're still the Ginchiest!!
    Dr. Akbar 'n Nurse Jeff
    Buckeye, AZ

And today (Fri 03/17) on 92.7/93.3 HD2/1440 at 4:36 PM PT, it was another spin of Bang 545!
    Save AM radio...kill I-CRAP.

Quote Originally Posted by oldiesfan6479 View Post
    And today (Fri 03/17) on 92.7/93.3 HD2/1440 at 4:36 PM PT, it was another spin of Bang 545!
    No smog in their noggin! Bangin-B.E.G. is a good spin, now are they still latching on to that comb?

Quote Originally Posted by Willits View Post
    No smog in their noggin! Bangin-B.E.G. is a good spin, now are they still latching on to that comb?
    That brown eyed girl is in her late Sixties now. She's probably latchin' on to her AARP card for a discount at Harkin's. YIKES!
    Dr. Akbar 'n Nurse Jeff
    Buckeye, AZ

OMG! Just heard "Beach Baby" by First Class on Lumberyard 14~Forty, Oldies 92~Seven, 93~Three HD Two. This station is definitely more than KOOL!
    Dr. Akbar 'n Nurse Jeff
    Buckeye, AZ

I live in Tucson. For some reason this afternoon the local right wing political talker on 1450 was off the air, and to my surprise KAZG was coming in loud and clear. I'd say their signal compared nicely with that of 550 or 620. No station in Tucson is playing oldies from the 1960s so this was a pleasant surprise. I don't know what all the references are to FM frequencies which likely can't be heard outside Maricopa County. One amusing liner was about being better than Cool. Here's hoping that 1450 will have transmitter problems more often.

Quote Originally Posted by CAVEMANager View Post
    I live in Tucson. For some reason this afternoon the local right wing political talker on 1450 was off the air, and to my surprise KAZG was coming in loud and clear. I'd say their signal compared nicely with that of 550 or 620. No station in Tucson is playing oldies from the 1960s so this was a pleasant surprise. I don't know what all the references are to FM frequencies which likely can't be heard outside Maricopa County. One amusing liner was about being better than Cool. Here's hoping that 1450 will have transmitter problems more often.
    Yes indeedy, Caveman....Lumberyard 14~Forty is more than Cool! The FM reference is to their 250 watt translator at 92~Seven in the Valley. Even if Nurse Jeff and I drove to the top of So Mtn and pointed the antenna toward the Old Pueblo, the signal would suffer significant shrinkage by the time you got to Casa Grade (plus we might be two of the last guests at Tent City). They're also on 93~Three HD~Too. If you head to the DQ at Picacho Peak, you'll probably pick it up (assuming you have HD radio in your wheels). We hope 14~Fifty, and other first adjacent frequencies have transmitter problems. AZ Gold should be enjoyed by everyone!
    Dr. Akbar 'n Nurse Jeff
    Buckeye, AZ

Lamptimer FM Sets Record Price

Mother just paid $1.8 million for 92 point 7 ... setting the all-time record (I believe an FM Translator). It's so fitting that the longest thread in the history of radio boards would ultimately become someone a record price to move the infamous Lamptimer to an FM translator. It will still be powered by KDKB HD Two

Page 188 of 189 FirstFirst ... 88138178186187188189 LastLast