Thread: AGAIN: How does the economy/housing market affect Radio jobs?

1900radio

AGAIN: How does the economy/housing market affect Radio jobs?

Glad my topic got so many people talking. But I'm not sure that even 1 person answered the question. Perhaps if I state it better...

If you are a PD and bought a $300,000 house which might sell for $230,000 now, is that affecting your ability to go after or take another job? Or are you staying put because your current PD gig is "good enough" and you need to wait until home values come back up?

Re: AGAIN: How does the economy/housing market affect Radio jobs?

Well, the short answer to that question is really a lot longer than I care to write about but it is all part of a much larger picture that most of us don't pay all that much attention to. Unfortunately, if we don't start paying attention and take our own individual actions to counteract the actions of others then we all have to pay the long term price.

This explains it much better: http://www.zeitgeistmovie.com/

Quote Originally Posted by 1900radio
    Glad my topic got so many people talking. But I'm not sure that even 1 person answered the question. Perhaps if I state it better...

If you are a PD and bought a $300,000 house which might sell for $230,000 now, is that affecting your ability to go after or take another job? Or are you staying put because your current PD gig is "good enough" and you need to wait until home values come back up?

Unless you are prepared to take a 70,000 dollar hit, IF someone buys your home for 230, stay where you are.

Also...keep in mind that the other end of the deal is equally as big of a deal.

You may be taking a hit, but so is the person whose house you're buying in the new market. If you can get the balance to wash, it's less of a big deal. Still sucks, but that might lessen the burden.

What makes you happy?
    No irony there.