• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

KNBQ???

soundlittledj

Inactive
Inactive User
I just discovered Q Country at 102.9 (thanks to the billboard on the WS Bridge) - where did this come from? Does anyone know when this launched and what was on 102.9 before Q?

I had asked about KNBQ a while ago.

It was the "Second" country station (of the current lineup) before KKWF in Seattle.

People give the signal less credit than deserved. (50 dBu Seattle - Edmonds aint bad)
Its 3 times the distance from Seattle than KMCQ, yet its signal is
received MUCH cleaner.
I would recommend Tuning in and actually listening, you might be surprised.

Cant speak much for programming, as country isint my prefered format.
CC seems to be strong with country in other markets.

before there was a KNBQ at 102.9, it was KMNT in centralia/chehalis. clear channel aquired KMNT and KELA thru a merger with jacor (who bout it from ted chitel in the mid 90's). cc must have bought the rights to KNBQ to use for the 102.9 freq. then to move it north for the seattle/tacoma area. KMNT is now broadcasting at 104.3 here in the twin cities

KNBQ was on 97.3 before it was KBSG so the calls have been out of the market for probably over 20 years. I doubt if any arrangement was made other than to request the calls from the FCC.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom