• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Airchecks: The Breeze Network

Oh my! The Breeze.

I worked for a station for several years that was affiliated with The Breeze and we quickly found that the sponsors were reluctant to come aboard because of it's light "elevator music" quality (or lack of it).

As hard as I tried, I just couldn't develop a liking for that infernal "twinkle ding-dong" music that was so much a part of their format. Music for the brain dead I called it.

THANK YOU so much for posting these! I wasn't old enough to appreciate The Breeze Network when it was on the air, as I was in kindergarten when these airchecks and, although I lived just a couple hours from St. Louis, I only heard Breeze 97.1 a couple times. Now that I'm in my mid-20's I can fully recognize the quality of the network. I'm trying to compile a track listing of every song on these airchecks, quite a task, but it's very enjoyable.

So again, many many thanks!

I remember the "Breeze" as well. When I was about 20 yo, my family and I went to visit an aunt who lived in Greenville, SC. Anytime we planned out vacations I would always grab a copy of my Broadcasting Yearbook and determine which stations would be available in the area I would be visiting (that was the days before the internet which made that task a whole lot easier). I remember looking forward to hearing WBBO-FM "The Breeze" there in the Greenville area, licensed to Forest City, NC (it's now WTPT). I listened to WBBO most of the time we were on our trip. I wish we had a "Breeze" affiliate back home in Alabama during that time, can't recall any station which ever used the format here. It wasn't too much longer that the station dropped the "Breeze" format and went CHR. :(

Thanks for adding the airchecks. :)

Just like Buggo1, I was not old enough to hear this network when it was first broadcast, as I was born the year these tapes were recorded. However, I grew up with Smooth Jazz radio, and always liked the music from the early days of the format, when it was more New-Age oriented. So these recordings are an absolute gold mine! Thanks so much for posting these!

You're right about the playlist being all over the map, but somehow it all seems to flow nicely. I like the Breeze much better than the Wave.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom