• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Live or tracked.

MarcB said:
Josh the overnight jock on DRC-FM is VTed. (Josh isn't listed on their site)

Josh Brown, I believe, is only on two nights a week -- Sunday and Monday (Monday and Tuesday mornings, technically). The other five are hosted by "Uncle Dave in the all-night cave," PD Dave Nagel. I'm assuming he's 100% VTed as well, although I heard him in the wee hours of Saturday morning saying that he was playing requests (on the "You Say It, We Play It Weekend") from "Mary in Simsbury," "Bill in North Haven," "Karen in Longmeadow," and the like -- all bogus, I'd imagine.

Supposedly everyone out side of Total Access on KC-101.3 is VTed.

Really? Who are the people I see in there every afternoon talking into the mic?

Amazingly, TIC FM is live even during overnights. That's so rare, it's mind-bogling!

WCCC-FM is live 24/7. WCCC-AM is live 8a - 6p M-F. WRYM is live much of the time. WJMJ is live during their entire broadcast day.

radiotech101 said:
Really? Who are the people I see in there every afternoon talking into the mic?

Hey don't blame me for that response. Someone who responded to my post last week about the non-stop commercials on the station in the overnight hours said the station was VTed outside of Total Access. That's why in my post I said supposedly. Sorry.

Whoa, easy there, Mark. I didn't blame you, I quoted you. That's why I left the "supposedly" in the quote. ;)

No need to appologize.

'KCI is manned from 6a to 10p, with Mike Maze getting in around 5a. I'm in at 3a, and maintain the transmitters for WELI, WKCI, HD2, and WAVZ. As I'm busy getting production in for 1300 and 960, as well as posting the web news and lining up the ducks (no pun intended, *quack-quack*) for Imus, I don't get a chance to listen to anything until Imus goes on at 6, and then I'm listening to WELI, so I didn't hear the meltdown. My priorities are the AMs.

Have a good one.

[email protected]

Last I knew TIC was union and was required to have a live body 24/7. I worked the weekend overnights a while off the air just to have someone there eventhough it was jockless. I watched tv and played on the computer all night. Easiest money I ever made.

Yeah, everyonce in a while Prophet decides to go retarded and be a bitch. But it is still the best Automation program out there

From what I know, Star 99.9 is voicetracked on the weekends and had been voicetracked in some parts of the daytime.

From what I've been able to determine, the tipoff is listen to the breaks - usually no time is mentioned since time checks may not fall where they are targeted so it seems likely the voicetracked breaks have no mention of time.

Bill DeFelice said:
From what I know, Star 99.9 is voicetracked on the weekends and had been voicetracked in some parts of the daytime.

From what I've been able to determine, the tipoff is listen to the breaks - usually no time is mentioned since time checks may not fall where they are targeted so it seems likely the voicetracked breaks have no mention of time.

Does Star usually do time checks? Outside of the morning show, DRC-FM never mentions the time, yet the station is live in all shifts but overnight.

CTListener said:
Bill DeFelice said:

Does Star usually do time checks? Outside of the morning show, DRC-FM never mentions the time, yet the station is live in all shifts but overnight.

It was this very point that made me think that Star is VT'ed at certain times. I was there on a weekend and know that they are unmanned then. I never noticed that about DRC-FM, but now that I'm listening to them more I'll have to keep that in mind and check it out.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom