Thread: Imus syndication....

Imus syndication....

Anyone know if Imus is barter or cash only? If cash only, what can a small market station expect to pay?

Re: Imus syndication....

Cash, no barter. I'm hearing low to mid-hundreds ... probably $250 to $300 for long-term contract, depending on market size.

The bigger questions ... 1) have you heard the show and 2) why?
    "Naked Hobos -- only come here for the promise of FREE Chicken! CBS Cares." Craig Ferguson - "The Late Late Show" - CBS

I really enjoy watching Don on rfd in the morning, enen though his new staff members pretty much are a waste of money, and he is toned down (and benard never says anything anymore), but I just don't see his attraction on radio...he is too toned down

I do not understand something... If Imus was doing well in our area (Raleigh/Durham North Carolina) before, how come another station has not picked him up? According to the ratings, several stations could benefit from his show.

Just some FYI...I guess we would be a medium market (radio is a hobby), we have 3 Country Stations and 3 Sports-Talk Stations.

Thanks,
    Stuart
    Chapel Hill, NC

Raleigh-Durham-CH is market #43--probably considered a "large" market by most (but there is no arbiter of such things). Y'all have major league hockey, don'tcha? Sounds like a "major" market to me! (I used to be a jock in R-D, and that would allow me to embellish my real accomplishments).

Many broadcasters, regardless of market size, are wary of Imus because of the visceral reaction his Rutgers comments elicited. It was a racial thing. And, perhaps, that's doubly-troublesome in The South.

I haven't heard the WABC version, yet, but reviews thus far have been pretty tepid, saying that Don sounds gunshy and Bernie McGuirk's role has been minimalized.

When Don retires and Bernie takes over, that's when I'll sign up as an affiliate.

Thanks amfmxm for the explanation. Although we lived with Jesse Helms for 50+ years, so I do not think Imus would hurt anything.

What I really thought might happen with the 3 Country Stations and 3 Sports-Talk Stations, someone would want to have an "edge" in the morning show and pick up Imus. I also have heard his show is a little more "relaxed" now.

Thanks again for the answer!

Stu

dbdigital

Quote Originally Posted by oaktree
    Cash, no barter. I'm hearing low to mid-hundreds ... probably $250 to $300 for long-term contract, depending on market size.

The bigger questions ... 1) have you heard the show and 2) why?
    According to LA Radio the cost to carry the Imus show is $500,000.

The question "why?" on the "I man" is justified. He was great in the 70's but now he's just too painful to watch or listen to.

db