• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

KGB's Cindy Pace

cahokia said:
yes, I would like to know where Digby Welch, AND Linda Mc Inness is? I hope that is how her name is spelled. and Adrian Bolt?

Adrian Bolt (KGB), aka Greg Falkner (KiFM), passed away years ago, too. Not sure how.

Only the good die young.

dr

They should have a site that tells all the DJ'S that passed away.is Bill Moffat still alive? There was a dj that was on KGB, KPRI-106.5 Then he did sunday nights on KMET, I CAN'T Remember HIS NAME. I listened to him every sunday night on KMET Back in the early 80.s

cahokia said:
is Bill Moffat still alive?

Bill Moffit is alive and well .... and resting in Oceanside.

cahokia said:
I just remembered his name, Jim Ladd - Does anyone know where he is now?

He never worked in San Diego. He started in Long Beach and KNAC and then went to KLOS and later KMET.

Dr. o Fun said:
cahokia said:
yes, I would like to know where Digby Welch, AND Linda Mc Inness is? I hope that is how her name is spelled. and Adrian Bolt?

Adrian Bolt (KGB), aka Greg Falkner (KiFM), passed away years ago, too. Not sure how.

Only the good die young.

dr

Greg had numerous health issues that finally took him. He was a very interesting person and a good air talent. I very much enjoyed working with him and sharing our mostly agreeable thoughts on politics and human rights issues.

cahokia said:
Jim Ladd - Does anyone know where he is now?

BTW, Jim Ladd wrote a book in 1992 titled "Radio Waves: Life and Revolution on the FM Dial." It's an excellent read about his time at KMET -- the names have been changed to protect the innocent but any regular listener to the Mighty Met can figure out who the players are.

http://www.amazon.com/Radio-Waves-L...books&qid=1207493593&sr=1-1&tag=firstdancecom

Ladd is the last of the freeform FM radio DJs and currently resides at KLOS.

http://www.955klos.com/showdj.asp?DJID=1579

dr

Linda McInnes was at KYA in San Francisco in the 90s.
Sadly she too took her own life. She still is missed by all who had listened to her.

Speaking of being missed, Perry Allen was one of the greatest personalities on San Diego radio back in the day.
His morning show on KDEO was something not to be missed. His comedic bits were the funniest I've ever heard.
But that was not his only gift, he was a gift to his community. Back in the day, during all of the devastating Santee fires, he constantly updated news of the fires throughout his program.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom