• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

KT'R Is Crummey!

Heeeeee's back...Joe Crummey starts Thursday mornings on KT'R-FM. Wonder if the Master Blogger is goin' make him do his show from Central? Great news for us Crummey fans as Nurse Jeff and I always enjoyed his act on KFWhyEye and could have cared less where his show originated. Wonder if Billy Preston will be doing his new theme song? ;D

Heard Crummey's soundbite on Mac Watson show. Didn't seem like he was getting his own program, but maybe lending his views to Talk the Vote Thursdays.

Just a contributor...one day a week...to that annoying
"journey" crap?

Or will he be a full-time voice on the AM drive show?

And if he is, should Ned and/or Connie be worried?

The Master Blogger is on warp drive when it comes to spinning! Check out his latest blog http://ktarpd.typepad.com/memo_to_management/2007/12/a-crummey-day-a.html

If he'd only spend half his time listening to his own station, maybe it'd be doing better against that static-filled AM with a fake studio audience and former Congressman talking about the glory days. Joe Crummey can get KT'R back on track, so why doesn't the Master Blogger turn him loose? What a crock of crap!

Until now, I've defended KTAR, and tried to keep a "wait and see" mindset with regard to that station. But seriously, is there any rhyme or reason to the programming decisions over there? I'm not sure, but Russ Hill may be using either a magic 8 ball, or a hat and slips of paper to program the station.

Dr. Akbar said:
The Master Blogger is on warp drive when it comes to spinning!

I like the line about how the competition "...decided to go after an older audience with a slower-paced all-politics format."

So I guess Joe is doing phone-in commentary just like McMahon and Rush does. Great to have him back in our market but I don't think it will mean much. Maybe Crummey can record in bulk for a month and KTAR can play them back day by day!

What a disaster!

Ned & Connie doing news...Ed Phillips Weather...Detour Dan every 10 minutes..Paul Calvissi doing silly sports schtick...Pat McBland's boring commentary...Bloomburg Bidniss News...the Click Chick yukking it up, and now The Evil One. YIKES!

There's only one bigger fool than the Master Blogger...TMISU.

Dr. Akbar said:
Ned & Connie doing news...Ed Phillips Weather...Detour Dan every 10 minutes..Paul Calvissi doing silly sports schtick...Pat McBland's boring commentary...Bloomburg Bidniss News...the Click Chick yukking it up, and now The Evil One.

You forgot:

The local biz guy live with biz news, followed by the local biz guy
in the Audio Vault shilling for some investment firm or similar.
(Doesn't that border on conflict of interest?)

Dr. Akbar said:
Ned & Connie doing news...Ed Phillips Weather...Detour Dan every 10 minutes..Paul Calvissi doing silly sports schtick...Pat McBland's boring commentary...Bloomburg Bidniss News...the Click Chick yukking it up, and now The Evil One.

oldiesfan6479 said:
The local biz guy live with biz news, followed by the local biz guy in the Audio Vault shilling for some investment firm or similar.

Add in Michael Dixon doing movie/DVD reviews on Wednesdays and Fridays. KT'R's getting close to having a morning zoo.

"The local biz guy live with biz news, followed by the local biz guy
in the Audio Vault shilling for some investment firm or similar.
(Doesn't that border on conflict of interest?)"

I never listen to KTAR since they moved to FM. Who is the local biz guy?

oldiesfan6479 said:
The local biz guy live with biz news, followed by the local biz guy in the Audio Vault shilling for some investment firm or similar.
(Doesn't that border on conflict of interest?)

pberger said:
I never listen to KTAR since they moved to FM. Who is the local biz guy?

I believe OF is referring to Adam Kress (sp?) of the Business Journal, who also reports for ABC15. He does a commercial for (name of company deleted).

brian4 said:
Did anyone hear Crummey's debut?

guess not, we didn't either. Why hire someone as good as The Evil One and use him for a minute or two? Maybe the Master Blogger has a bigger plan for KT'R?

Nah...it's bidniss as usual where nothing seems to make a lot of sense. Including his comments on Joe's return!

brian4 said:
Did anyone hear Crummey's debut?

Yes I did, only because I learned about his return here on this board, the day of. I tuned in.

I came to RI to see if anyone here had posted about radio "news" reporters
going to the house of the parents of the innocent person,
who was killed by that piece of human excrement on McKellips Road.
The only mention of KTAR was about Joe's return.

It was great to hear the "evil" one again
but the one minute rant wasn't enough to keep me tuned in,
either on FM or AM.

Lil Birdie said:
KT'R gets more Crummey Jan. 7th.

The thing is, what made Joe "eeevil" and such fun to listen to was that he told it like (he felt) it was. I can't believe KT'R is going to let him be himself on the air, they just don't have the nerve. Remember the few shows when Joe talked about relationships and parenthood, instead of controversial issues? They were kind of lame. I'm thinking that's how he'll be with the MB in charge.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom