• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Former Atlanta Radio DJS-Where are they now?

Here are some I'm curious about:
Robert Baughn (WIIN in the early 70's)
Simon Trane (QXI in the early 70's)
Charlie Thomas (QXI and WIIN)
Barry Chase (QXI for a long time, then later Chase & Woodside at Z93)
Bob Bolton (QXI in the 70's)
George Strait (QXI, later a TV reporter for ABC News)
Stevie Brooks (94Q in the late 70's - I worked with her and her husband Dick Blackmon in Tallahassee in the early 80's)
Christie Tanner (94Q in the early 80's - I also worked with her in Tallahassee)
And any of the staff from when Z93 first came on with top 40, I believe around '72

Barry Chase passed away years ago...I'm not sure of exactly when, but I'm thinking mid to late-90's or so. I'm happy to be corrected on that.

yes, Barry passed away in the mid to late 90's. I believe Bob Bolton is General Mrg of a few small market stations in Nevada or maybe it is Utah.

LDR

Other former 96rockers from WRAS include: Brian Greathouse, Heather, Greg Kaiser, Andy Mendello, and Delia, all from the mid-1990's.

Had the pleasure of working with Rebecca at WSB/B985. One of the genuinely nicest people in the business.
Hopefully one day she'll decide to get back in the radio game. A real pleasure to work with such a nice and
talented person.

Bob Middleton who did morning news on Z93 in the mid 70's is "Bob Walker" mornings on am FM in Hutchinson KS. He had also worked at WFOM, WBAD, and WOMN.

""Bob Middleton who did morning news on Z93 in the mid 70's""

Don't know about Bob doing news on Z-93, but he was one of the SuperStar jocks on 1230 WFOM Marietta.

LDR

tcsnrayp said:
Steve Mitchell. Is he still doing VO in town?

Isn't Mitchell one of the regular jocks at Eagle, doing the Southern Fried show with Southside?

Yes, Bob was long time on WFOM. Went to Wichita, got shafted by Clear Channel out there, working in Hutchinson now. Does a lot of voices and has a razor-sharp mind, powerful ad-libber. He and I have been friends since the old "Assistant Program Director" days of WPLO, 1964 or so.

Looks like Matt Walsh is working for CNN or Turner in Japan. Saw his profile on Facebook after a search of WKLS.

Delia is in Florida working for Disney.

Brian Greathouse is in cable sales in Atlanta.

Kaiser is principal of a large private school in Atlanta.

Willard just left the business after working sales at Dave, and is moving to north Georgia.

Last I heard from Scott Woodside he was still in Atlanta. Vance Dillard is now with Salem in Nashville.
I did mornings at WPCH for about three years under Vance in the mid 90's.
Scott and Barry Chase did mornings when I programmed Z-93 for a couple of years when it changed to Classic Rock.

Tony Hayes (Mathes)

early said:
Last I heard from Scott Woodside he was still in Atlanta. Vance Dillard is now with Salem in Nashville.
I did mornings at WPCH for about three years under Vance in the mid 90's.
Scott and Barry Chase did mornings when I programmed Z-93 for a couple of years when it changed to Classic Rock.

Tony Hayes (Mathes)

And Tony, what have you been doing since WLYT?

Seriously, where's Kaedy Kiely now?

Roddy. I've been improving my golf game while searching for the next opportunity. I'm sure tired of being "on the beach" though.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom