• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Doghouse REALLY returning?

O

oneradiotruth

according to doghousefans.com J.V. states that San Francisco isn't a possibility anytime soon. However, a CLOSE source says this is false. In fact, J.V and Elvis were in town last week to get the ball rolling for a return. Rumor has it, they're doing their best to recruit one of Wild's members....

Where would they go? Not CBS? Not Clear Channel? Not The Wolf?

JV is in town to visit friends (Hollywood) and family during this week. According to the fan forums, they were spotted at Sirius a few weeks ago...

I hope they pop on somewhere...

Here's the scoop JV and Elvis are going to KKIQ Livermore with the biggest contract of there careers.

You heard it first here.

Rick...you are a funny man. I hope these people believe evey word you say and spread this one like wild fire.

the problem for the doghouse is.....when you've:

a) burned you bridges with both Clear Channel and CBS
b) can't get ratings anymore no matter how hard you try
c) are mean to the sales staff and walk around like you're so cool when you're clearly not
d) suck

it's kinda hard to get any one to hire you in the industry where you think you still belong but don't any more.....oh well, there's always a need for more used car salesmen....have fun!

I spent some time with the doghouse and my observations were contrary to what Sell the numbers just said. They were fairly nice. Elvis particularly was very friendly and so was Hollywood. JV was just shy and didn't talk much in general. I never saw them be unkind to anyone.

I have to say I was a pretty frequent listener when they were on "Free-FM" in NYC. Here is a notion...how about putting them in the time slot they should have been placed in from the beginning on 92.3 in NYC...3-7pm? They could bookend O&A rather well on this new alt rocker. Just a common sense notion.

blackhole said:
I never saw them be unkind to anyone.

...now ya have!

JV was pure hell to deal with at Hot 97.7! Not just because of his bad attitude but he purposely did things to piss-off other jocks ie: personal attacks. Before you toss me into the "jealousy pile", sure, I'd love to have made his $$. However, building a show around cheap-personal-shots against others, is an act that grows old and isn't terribly entertaining.

BnRinBayArea said:
blackhole said:

...now ya have!

JV was pure hell to deal with at Hot 97.7! Not just because of his bad attitude but he purposely did things to piss-off other jocks ie: personal attacks. Before you toss me into the "jealousy pile", sure, I'd love to have made his $$. However, building a show around cheap-personal-shots against others, is an act that grows old and isn't terribly entertaining.

I was kind of under the impression that they had matured a bit by the time I had dealings with them. Maybe not. Maybe they were on their best behavior for a while.

BnRinBayArea said:
blackhole said:

...now ya have!

Hot 97 was almost 15 years ago for the DH.

People change.

Do you think they can make a successful comeback?

I know towards the end of their run at Wild, ratings weren't the highest. However, a return could be big-time. Definitely could make up for the non-excitement that morning radio in the Bay Area is currently providing.

Plus if they grabbed someone decent from the current Wild roster, they might be able to make serious impact. Thoughts?

i have no doubt in my mind they can make a comeback. personally i would not want to see them back at wild. i've been a fan for many many years, and i thought their work at freefm doing hot talk was much better.

I think they're sort of limited as to what they can do now. They wanted to do a lot more stuff when they were in New York and couldn't. A lot of shows want to do more but management never backs them, as the case with The Dog House, wherever they go it seems.

I'm sure if they can pop on some station here, it will put a surge--at least initiailly when they return.

Everybody I know Hates the T-Man show and was loyal to the Doghouse show. Even when they started getting a little weaker with the whole psychic BS it was still more entertaining than hearing T-Mans annoying voice trying to give un funny relationship advice.

I guess listeners aren't that loyal. I was and still am a huge Dog House fan, but when they were fired, I never turned to that station again. I can't comment about Strawberry or T-Man, because I simply don't listen. I am amazing at the amount of people who would actually give them more than a day...

With that being said, JV said he has an announcement next week about the future of the show and my guess is Satellite.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom