First Run Comedies In Syndication - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: First Run Comedies In Syndication

Re: First Run Comedies In Syndication

I seem to remember "Small Wonder" in the mid-80s, aired locally by channel 20 here in the Hartford metro (CW these days). There was also "Kids Incorporated" which aired on channel 61 here (FOX these days). I know that the latter show featured Martika, who later went on to score a Billboard #1 single in 1989 with "Toy Soldiers". If I'm not mistaken, K.I. also had a run on Disney a few years later. Yeah, I know it was more of a singing show, but they did do a sketch from time to time.

"Primetime starts at 7:30 (6:30 in Chicago and Denver)"

Quote Originally Posted by DToTheJ
    Quote Originally Posted by Tim L
    You Can't Take it with You (Harry Morgan)

Marblehead Manor (Paxton Whitehead, Bob Fraser, Michael Richards)-Both 1987-88
    I remember, at least in New York on WNBC/4, these two shows, as well as She's The Sheriff and I think Throb were aired every weeknight in rotation at 7:30 PM. I believe the promotion was "Primetime starts at 7:30" or something rather...
    Twenty years ago this fall WNBC-TV and the NBC-owned stations -- there were five others -- along with WCAU-TV in Philadelphia (a CBS O&O in 1987), all checkerboarded first-run sitcoms at 7:30/6:30 CT and MT. The shows were Marblehead Manor, She's the Sheriff, You Can't Take it With You, Out of This World, and a revival of We've Got it Made. Only She's the Sheriff and Out of This World survived the season.

Throb debuted in 1986 and was on at least WNBC here in New York and WRC-TV in D.C.; I'm not sure if the other NBC O&Os carried it.

Quote Originally Posted by DToTheJ
    Quote Originally Posted by Tim L
    You Can't Take it with You (Harry Morgan)

Marblehead Manor (Paxton Whitehead, Bob Fraser, Michael Richards)-Both 1987-88
    I remember, at least in New York on WNBC/4, these two shows, as well as She's The Sheriff and I think Throb were aired every weeknight in rotation at 7:30 PM. I believe the promotion was "Primetime starts at 7:30" or something rather...

Wait Till Your Father Gets Home (Animated I know but still a sitcom-With Tom Bosley (1972-74)
    This may have been before my time, but if I recall, this was an ABC series.
    It was a spin-off of ABC's "Love, American Style", where the cartoon was first shown, but WTYFGH was syndicated.

Quote Originally Posted by KML-224
    I seem to remember "Small Wonder" in the mid-80s, aired locally by channel 20 here in the Hartford metro (CW these days).
    If anyone's interested in seeing Small Wonder again, go to youtube.com. In the search box type in "Small Wonder" and you'll get some episodes (sorry, not all 96 of them, but it's better than nothing if you're as big a fan of the show as I am). BTW, the last time the show aired in the U.S. was 1996. L.A.'s KTTV Channel 11 (a Fox affiliate) was the last station to air it. I hope the show comes out on DVD someday (over the summer, I wrote a business letter to 20th Century Fox about it). Now, if it were to actually happen, that would make my heart beat twice.

"She's a smaaaaaall wonder..."

Mutual of Omaha Wild Kingdom - You had to laugh every time Marlin Perkins sent Jim Fowler into harms way with animals.

Starting From Scratch with Bill Daily and Connie Stevens
    One Big Family with Danny Thomas
    What A Country! with Yakov Smirnoff
    Dusty's Trail
    Ozzie's Girls
    Life With Elizabeth
    How To Marry A Millionaire

Wasn't Dusty's Trail the "Gilligans' Island" of the west with Bob Denver as the star?

Quote Originally Posted by tlyle
    Wasn't Dusty's Trail the "Gilligans' Island" of the west with Bob Denver as the star?
    Yes, it is.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12