Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: 'PLR Looking For A Part-Timer

'PLR Looking For A Part-Timer

From AllAccess 4/27-

99-1PLR, Connecticuts' #1 Rock Station is looking for a Part-Time/Weekend/Fill-In Air Talent.

[EDIT]

[EDIT-post truncated because originating material is copyprotected. Unauthorized use of copyrighted content is in violation of Radio-Info's TOS.]

Re: 'PLR Looking For A Part-Timer

Oh my...who died?
    I think all of the jocks have been in connecticut for their entire careers...Kinda sad if you think about it.
    Never been heard past Stratford ....

I think it sucks you have to have 3 years on-air experierence for a weekend position in market #110. If I owned a station in my opinion the weekend is the perfect spot for a newbie looking to cut his teeth in radio to get started.
    Brammy

My Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/mpbramhall82

My Retail Message Board: http://amesfanclub.com/forum/index.php

My Writing Portfolio: https://www.Writing.Com/authors/slydogg

Tune into The Freestyle Lives Show hosted by Richie Rich Sunday Nights 6PM-8PM (Eastern) on La Mega 101.7 (910) in Hartford, La Mega 94.9 (890) in Boston, and La Mega 95.1 (1400) in Lawrence.

That's a SMALL market PD mentallity.
    Who cares how long you've been on it's just a stroke to the pd's ego. I know pd's in top 5 markets that have made stars out of people with ZERO radio experience. I'm not saying that is what plr should do here but come on...why not just ask for demo package and decide from there..I also know of jocks with 10 or more years experience that don't get it and sound awful. Who would you pick 10 years or natural tallent?

You don't need 3 yrs. experience to run PLRs' format.

A monkey could do it.

It's not rocket science.

It's just liner card reading, that was that song, this is this song, on CTs' so-called #1 rock station, 99-1PLR.

I agree with the others; if you’re interested in the gig, don’t worry about the three years experience requirement. Send your tape, if they like the way you sound, they can always train you on the board. That will take you all of one shift on air to conquer. (Maybe less)
    MarcB, you seem to always have an excuse as to why you won’t/can’t try for a job. I remember the internship position with Charlie Profit, you failed your driving test. Well, go pass the damn thing and try again. Regardless of whether or not you have three years experience on air, send your demo to PLR and take a chance, roll the dice…
    Not much love for PLR on the board, what gives? Personal experiences?
    Caliv, I would love to hear a story or two of some of these “ZERO” experience people who became stars in top 5 markets. Would you be one of them? Also, I don’t buy your statement that if a jock spends his entire career in Ct. that it’s sad. Is it sad that Ethan Carey spent his entire career not only in Ct., but at I-95? There’s something to be said for job stability while raising a family. How about Mike Lapatino at PLR? He’s been at PLR for 20 (?) years while raising a family and becoming part of his community. It’s one thing to not have the talent to move to a bigger market, it’s another to choose to stay in a smaller market and make a career out of it.

I don't have anything against WPLR. I think they're a great station and do what they do very well. I don't think I would work there because it's not my favorite type of music. In terms of favorite music it's #3 putting it behind Hip-Hop/Reggaeton and Oldies/Disco.

For right now I'd be happy if I could land a job in market #173 at Jammmin' 107.7 in New London. That right now would be my dream radio job. I'd like to work there for a while and hopefully someday get good enough to move up to Market #50 and HOT 93.7 in Hartford. If it never happens, so be it.
    Brammy

My Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/mpbramhall82

My Retail Message Board: http://amesfanclub.com/forum/index.php

My Writing Portfolio: https://www.Writing.Com/authors/slydogg

Tune into The Freestyle Lives Show hosted by Richie Rich Sunday Nights 6PM-8PM (Eastern) on La Mega 101.7 (910) in Hartford, La Mega 94.9 (890) in Boston, and La Mega 95.1 (1400) in Lawrence.

WOW, from your mouth to Gods ears. Look what just appeared on Allaccess today.

Nights in Connecticut
    Jammin 107.7 WWRX/New London, Connecticut is looking for an evening personality. CHR experience a must. High energy, lots of phones, appearances, and prep a must! You must be a team player, detail oriented, organized, computer literate, as the right candidate will also handle website content. Photshop experience a plus. If you’re ready to continue to win both in the streets and on the air, email your stuff now to [email protected]. No links or attachments over 3meg. Redwolf Broadcasting is an EEO

Please, no excuses....Send your demo as soon as possible. Good luck to you!!

Since you seem to have an in with the radio gods, how about hooking me up with a gig in Los Angeles or Miami. haha

Jordan...LOL That's funny....
    How about getting me to replace Ryan Seacrest in ALL of his gigs.
    CALIV....out
    oh wait...not replacing him just gettin that money!
    CALIV back IN

caliv, I'm with you..although, I don't think I'd have the energy to handle all his gigs...I'll just take mornings at KISS and leave E! , Idol and American Top 40 to you. How does that guy do it? Must suck down the redbulls like nobody's business.
    Just wondering, anybody going send their demo to PLR?

Jordan....never was in...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast