• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

WZIN The Buzz

R

Radio-X

Listened to this station for four hours yesterday...FELL IN LOVE!

It seems, though, that it is geared not just towards the Virgin Islands, but to Puerto Rico as well. Does it do well in either place and does the signal go as far as it says on Radio-Locator?

Also, are they hiring? ;D I sure could enjoy 80 degree weather year-round!!!!

Radio-X

radiodxrichmond said:
Listened to this station for four hours yesterday...FELL IN LOVE!

It seems, though, that it is geared not just towards the Virgin Islands, but to Puerto Rico as well. Does it do well in either place and does the signal go as far as it says on Radio-Locator?

Also, are they hiring? ;D I sure could enjoy 80 degree weather year-round!!!!

It does not show in the PR Arbitron. It can be heard if you try hard in the NE coastal area of PR, but that is outside the 54 dbu (it is long way from the VI to PR) so it really can not compete. Of course, being in English does not help, since PR is 100% Spanish speaking.

Pay in the VI is measured in days of sun. 100 thousand people, over 20 radio stations. It has the be about the worst radio market in US jurisdiction.

And who said I wasn't used to getting paid nothing?? ;D

I would guess it would be a prime market for beginners or relative newbies...

Anyway, thanks David...anybody have any idea on its popularity on the islands? I don't think they have arbitron ratings there, but...

Radio-X

It's about 45 miles from St Thomas, to PR... WZIN has pretty good coverage over most of eastern PR, there is alot of shadowing in the SJ metro. WZIN is mostly voice tracked except for the Morning Show. I checked with my buddy that tracks the afternoon show and he informs me they pay in coconuts, not US Dollars.

It's about 45 miles from St Thomas, to PR... WZIN has pretty good coverage over most of eastern PR, there is alot of shadowing in the SJ metro. WZIN is mostly voice tracked except for the Morning Show. I checked with my buddy that tracks the afternoon show and he informs me they pay in coconuts, not US Dollars.

Just spent a week in Caguas/Aguas Buenas and ended up giving WZIN a preset until I go sick of hearing Guns and Roses every time I got in the car. I was surprised by the signal. Not horrible in San Juan. Outside of San Juan It was much better. I was surprised to actually hear it as well as I did completely behind El Yunque.

Just spent a week in Caguas/Aguas Buenas and ended up giving WZIN a preset until I go sick of hearing Guns and Roses every time I got in the car. I was surprised by the signal. Not horrible in San Juan. Outside of San Juan It was much better. I was surprised to actually hear it as well as I did completely behind El Yunque.

Interesting, particularly since WCAD, which was the Island's last rock station, was sold to EMF..

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom