Results 1 to 6 of 6

Thread: WZIN The Buzz

  1. #1
    Radio-X
    Guest

    WZIN The Buzz

    Listened to this station for four hours yesterday...FELL IN LOVE!

    It seems, though, that it is geared not just towards the Virgin Islands, but to Puerto Rico as well. Does it do well in either place and does the signal go as far as it says on Radio-Locator?

    Also, are they hiring? ;D I sure could enjoy 80 degree weather year-round!!!!

    Radio-X

  2. #2
    Moderator/Co-Administrator
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    38,856

    Re: WZIN The Buzz

    Quote Originally Posted by radiodxrichmond
    Listened to this station for four hours yesterday...FELL IN LOVE!

    It seems, though, that it is geared not just towards the Virgin Islands, but to Puerto Rico as well. Does it do well in either place and does the signal go as far as it says on Radio-Locator?

    Also, are they hiring? ;D I sure could enjoy 80 degree weather year-round!!!!
    It does not show in the PR Arbitron. It can be heard if you try hard in the NE coastal area of PR, but that is outside the 54 dbu (it is long way from the VI to PR) so it really can not compete. Of course, being in English does not help, since PR is 100% Spanish speaking.

    Pay in the VI is measured in days of sun. 100 thousand people, over 20 radio stations. It has the be about the worst radio market in US jurisdiction.
    www.americanradiohistory.com
    Broadcasting Magazine and Yearbooks, Billboard, Cash Box, R&R, Record World, Music & Media, Audio, Television/Radio Age, R&R, Duncan's American Radio, Popular Electronics, Studio Sound, Broadcast Engineering, db, and more.

  3. #3
    Radio-X
    Guest

    Re: WZIN The Buzz

    And who said I wasn't used to getting paid nothing?? ;D

    I would guess it would be a prime market for beginners or relative newbies...

    Anyway, thanks David...anybody have any idea on its popularity on the islands? I don't think they have arbitron ratings there, but...

    Radio-X

  4. #4

    Re: WZIN The Buzz

    It's about 45 miles from St Thomas, to PR... WZIN has pretty good coverage over most of eastern PR, there is alot of shadowing in the SJ metro. WZIN is mostly voice tracked except for the Morning Show. I checked with my buddy that tracks the afternoon show and he informs me they pay in coconuts, not US Dollars.

  5. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by Slurpee View Post
    It's about 45 miles from St Thomas, to PR... WZIN has pretty good coverage over most of eastern PR, there is alot of shadowing in the SJ metro. WZIN is mostly voice tracked except for the Morning Show. I checked with my buddy that tracks the afternoon show and he informs me they pay in coconuts, not US Dollars.

    Just spent a week in Caguas/Aguas Buenas and ended up giving WZIN a preset until I go sick of hearing Guns and Roses every time I got in the car. I was surprised by the signal. Not horrible in San Juan. Outside of San Juan It was much better. I was surprised to actually hear it as well as I did completely behind El Yunque.

  6. #6
    Moderator/Co-Administrator
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    38,856
    Quote Originally Posted by mikl73 View Post
    Just spent a week in Caguas/Aguas Buenas and ended up giving WZIN a preset until I go sick of hearing Guns and Roses every time I got in the car. I was surprised by the signal. Not horrible in San Juan. Outside of San Juan It was much better. I was surprised to actually hear it as well as I did completely behind El Yunque.
    Interesting, particularly since WCAD, which was the Island's last rock station, was sold to EMF..
    www.americanradiohistory.com
    Broadcasting Magazine and Yearbooks, Billboard, Cash Box, R&R, Record World, Music & Media, Audio, Television/Radio Age, R&R, Duncan's American Radio, Popular Electronics, Studio Sound, Broadcast Engineering, db, and more.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

     
Useful Contacts
Community


123