• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Rick Strauss at 89.9 KCRH in Hayward, CA

Does anyone know what happend to Rick Strauss? He was the Station Manager
at 89.9 KCRH (Chabot College) in Hayward, CA. I was involved at the station from
January 1992-December 1993 where I served as an on-air personality and the
station's Public Service Director. I was a broadcasting student at Chabot from
September 1991 until May 1998. Can anyone tell me what he's up to these days?

THANKS!!!!

Henry Ochs said:
Does anyone know what happend to Rick Strauss? He was the Station Manager
at 89.9 KCRH (Chabot College) in Hayward, CA. I was involved at the station from
January 1992-December 1993 where I served as an on-air personality and the
station's Public Service Director. I was a broadcasting student at Chabot from
September 1991 until May 1998. Can anyone tell me what he's up to these days?

THANKS!!!!

I was logged into AllAccess as I read this so thought I'd put that name into their industry directory. Only thing that comes up is someone working for CC's online division in PA. Maybe check that and see if it's the same guy.

The rick you are probably talking about grew up in hayward and went to Tennyson high School with me. Crazy hair and big pork chop side burns made him the bigger than life in many ways. He moved on to multiple jobs in the radio industry. Got married and had grand kids (I saw pictures of a little girl that looked just like him)

The reason that i say "had" was that he passed on suddenly 10/6/11. i don't have the details, but his facebook account is scrolling constantly (he is the only Rick Strauss on facebook and his picture is his grand daughter)

I have been thinking of Rick for sometime now and thought I'd look him up...figured he was working for a station someplace and I just lost track of him. I was shocked to hear he passed. Rick was my mentor in life and Radio and he'll be missed. I am no longer working in radio but being a part of that station gave me a place where I belonged. I'll never forget the air shift where I was on air and Rick piped cow noises into my headset trying to crack me up....lol.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom