• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Leykis

stretched

New Participating Member
Anyone have an idea how many affiliates Leykis has? I was checking the WW1 website and could only see about 15. He can't really be down to that number, can he? Or maybe the website is just out of date?

...I just went to the WestwoodOne site, and they list 24, 14 of which are west of the Rockies. But even that's out of date, since they don't list the Miami affiliate that picked him up a few weeks back...

Interesting how the majority of affiliates carrying him live are on the west coast. One wonders if he would have more success if he were on at an earlier eastern time.

Ultimajock said:
...I just went to the WestwoodOne site, and they list 24, 14 of which are west of the Rockies. But even that's out of date, since they don't list the Miami affiliate that picked him up a few weeks back...

If you want to CALL that a Miami affiliate. (really more like a West Palm Beach affiliate)

Leykis reported last week that he signed a 5-yr big-money contract with CBS Radio and has been released from WW1.

Didn't say if he'd be adding any new cities, just that he'll not lose any...

CBS is smart to stick with the controversial guys.

KJCB said:
Well, he did lose CBS' WCKG/Chicago to Glenn Beck and a good old fashioned case of nepotism

...yet more of Screw Hayes' hell-bent-on-tanking shenanigans? He's been trying to run an FM talker in Chicago for years (remember that WLS-FM train wreck of ten years ago?) and still can't figure out how to get it done ;-) ...

Given the Windy City's talk legacy (Howard Miller, Wally Phillips, et al), I wouldn't think syndicated talk of any kind would play well there. ???

jimwalsh2001 said:
Given the Windy City's talk legacy (Howard Miller, Wally Phillips, et al), I wouldn't think syndicated talk of any kind would play well there. ???

...aside from latter-year CBS Stern, Tom Snyder and the occasional Limbaugh book, it never really has. But, of course, that doesn't keep 'em from glutting the market anyway...

Leykis' show is on even fewer affiliates, according to the WW1 web site.

He's not on anywhere in Florida anymore. Most states, in the affiliate roster, don't carry him.

His show may be on in 4-6 states: Calif., Arizona (1 affiliate), Illinois ( 2 Chicago suburbs). Dallas and a handful in some small markets.

Doesn't sound like much of a show.

I'm sure that Combover boy is loving the fact that he is clinging to a few stations, while Hendrie is adding stations.

;D

His just desserts.

I recall Tom taking some swipes at other talk shows, most of whom were superior to his.

I didn't listen much to Leykis, but once tuned in and heard him call Ken Hamblin's great show "a little show." Hamblin - the Black Avenger - was one of the greatest hosts of all time and may have had more affiliates than Leykis' puny list.

Don62 said:
I recall Tom taking some swipes at other talk shows, most of whom were superior to his.

I didn't listen much to Leykis, but once tuned in and heard him call Ken Hamblin's great show "a little show." Hamblin - the Black Avenger - was one of the greatest hosts of all time and may have had more affiliates than Leykis' puny list.

...hunh? If The Oreo Avenger was so good, why is there nothing on the Web relating to him newer than 2003? Hell, there's even stuff on Chuck Harder and Barry Farber that's newer than that...

Don62 said:
His just desserts.

He took several swipes at Phil Hendrie. Sometimes he'd throw away his show talking about the ratings.

livingfruitvirus said:
Don62 said:
His just desserts.

He took several swipes at Phil Hendrie. Sometimes he'd throw away his show talking about the ratings.
I recall that. I also remember the great Phil Hendrie firing back. Did anyone catch that parody where Hendrie imitating puny Leykis said, "Let me tell you what I did this weekend. I had sex with my cat..." That was hilarious.

Leykis didn't have a lot of class, either.

I heard him spending an entire hour ranting and raving about some otherwise insignificant Bakersfield or Fresno talk host who dared call Tom's show and try to take him on.

What? Get all worked up about a host in a medium- to small market?

Leykis is a lowlife, he is like that perv uncle that you are afraid to be around.

Fat, ugly, been married 5 or 6 times, beat one of them, and has a show aimed at the lowest common denominator.

Serves him right, You can't aim your show at horny 20 year old boys and hope to keep your audience when they grow up.

Tom REALLY hates that Phoenix has dropped him 4 or 5 times in the last few years, the most recent being FREE FM.

So long Comboverboy!

Legend City said:
Leykis is a lowlife, he is like that perv uncle that you are afraid to be around.

Fat, ugly, been married 5 or 6 times, beat one of them, and has a show aimed at the lowest common denominator.

Serves him right, You can't aim your show at horny 20 year old boys and hope to keep your audience when they grow up.

Tom REALLY hates that Phoenix has dropped him 4 or 5 times in the last few years, the most recent being FREE FM.

So long Comboverboy!

He'd probably come after YOU if he saw this, based on your facts being incorrect. He was not convicted of beating anyone. Surely you however are above reproach.

However, his list has shrunk... although he IS on in FL on WMEN/W. Palm (which got a 0.3 in Miami-FtL).

KJCB said:
Legend City said:

So long Comboverboy!

He'd probably come after YOU if he saw this, based on your facts being incorrect. He was not convicted of beating anyone. Surely you however are above reproach.

However, his list has shrunk... although he IS on in FL on WMEN/W. Palm (which got a 0.3 in Miami-FtL).
Okay, he's on there. When I checked Leykis' own affiliates page, it said no affiliates in Florida. So Westwood one's affiliates listings need updating.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom