Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: RADIO MIX SHOW DJS-WHO IS THE BEST?

RADIO MIX SHOW DJS-WHO IS THE BEST?

Who has better skills on mixing? LOVE-fm's DJ JM3 or V103's Maurice Culpepper or LIL John Coleman or Boolu Master?

SittinDuc

Re: JM3 vs. MAURICE"ICE"CULPEPPER

It's all done on Pro Tools anyway. So skill is out of the question unless we are asking who is better at moving a mouse?!?

I was a club dj for 18 years. I would blow them all out of the water. Thing is. There is no money doing that for radio anymore. I sold mix taped to 94.7, b96, bmx and even did rock classicx. They pay you per cd. Maurice is making about $100 bucks. They are not there live. It is a cd or dat. So, who cares if they can mix. No money is no money!

Later bud

Re: RADIO MIX SHOW DJS-WHO IS THE BEST?

You sure about that? Alot of big talk there, sir......
    Actually Maurice makes $65.00 per mix. JM3  & lil John been doing clubs since 83.

There was never any money in Radio mixes to begin with.....

SittinDuc

Uhh yeah kid. Been in the biz for more than 20 years. Radio does not pay anymore.
    Especially for mix deejays. They are a dime a dozen.

I can get any basement jock to put an hour long set together for under $50bucks, and play the hell out of it over the course of a week. B96 just unloaded 6 of their guys and brought in 5 no-names. Not hurting them at all. Julian, Schomer, Mixin Marc, Ski, and the others were making bucks, but are gone. They wanted too much money. Clubs will pay bigbucks but not radio.

So, to answer your comment. I know this industry all too well. These radio mix jocs make no cash and can put a track together in about 20 minutes.

B96 was the only station who paid well...GCI & BMX NEVER paid well...

One Question: have you seen any of those jocks play live? If not, how can you assess skill level. If you say they are just clicking a mouse?

Quote Originally Posted by SittinDuc
    B96 just unloaded 6 of their guys and brought in 5 no-names. Not hurting them at all. Julian, Schomer, Mixin Marc, Ski, and the others were making bucks, but are gone.
    No-names? ok lets see their club residencies

Billy the Kid - Level, Moda , Sound Bar , Zero Gravity
    Louie Loop - Moda, Spy Bar, Privilege, Four, Ontourage, Stone Lotus
    DJ Spin - Vision, Hard Drive, NRG Thursdays
    Josh the Funky 1 - World wide appearances
    Mixin Marc - Crobar , Martini Ranch

Lets see the old "mixmasters"

Bobby D - Zero Gravity , Bamboo Room
    DJ Markski - Zero Gravity
    TKC - Vibe

For no-names the new B96 mixmasters are sure doing hell of a good job rocking the best clubs in chicago.

Hamp

I personally like Mixin Marc and Josh the Funky 1.
    I also wish that Bad Boy Bill and Brian Middleton were still on the radio though. They were great!!!

Stick to the choices please......didnt ask about them

Can someone tell me more about B 96 and what happened there?

Which of the mixers got fired from there? Who is on there now? Was Julian let go?

That mix show has been sorry ever since they got rid of the Mixmasters of the 90s so I am not surprised.....

Hamp

Quote Originally Posted by BrianThaB
    Can someone tell me more about B 96 and what happened there?

Which of the mixers got fired from there? Who is on there now? Was Julian let go?

That mix show has been sorry ever since they got rid of the Mixmasters of the 90s so I am not surprised.....
    Julian Perez is still at B96, he is the Mixshow Director. He doesn't do as many mixes like he used to, when he does he mostly mixes Hip-Hop/R&B and Pop stuff. Why I don't know.
    The other DJ's are: Mixin Marc, Josh The Funky 1, Louie Loop, Billy The Kid, DJ Flipside, DJ Speed, DJ Boogie Boy and DJ Nonstop.
    All I know is (I think in 2002 or 2003), Julian left B-96 to start up Klub Kiss (at Kiss 103.5) and a new mixing team to compete with B-96. Bobby D., TKC, DJ Markski, Tim "Spinnin" Schommer and Brian Middleton were still on B-96. Bad Boy Bill had left the station in late 1998 to focus on his DJ touring.
    The relationship between Kiss 103.5 and Julian Perez didn't last long (I don't think it was even a year) before Julian went back to B-96. As a result, Julian brought over some of the guys from his team at Kiss which resulted in Bobby D., TKC, DJ Markski being shown the door. For some reason, Mixin Marc survived the cut. I don't know the whole story about what happened, but this is just my insight. Maybe someone who knows more about it can add their two cents.

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast