• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

What's the Buzz about The Buzz??

M

Memphis Bailey

The rumor mill going is again.....is a format change coming soon....real soon?

Go to the (old) Buzz website and you'll see this:

The most interesting and exciting 24 hour entertainment channel in Memphis radio history will debut
Monday morning at 10am!
Mark your calendar and set all of your radios at work, at home and in the car to 94.1 FM.

02 Days, 16 Hours, 43 Minutes, 08 Seconds. (countdown clock)

Folks in Greensboro tell us this exactly what the "WOLF" sounded like when it kicked in. Same thing in Seattle. I heard the computer read Dixie Chicks lyrics a minute ago. Can we hear a howl. It's a good bet.

Oh, my! What a shock!!!! :eek:

The Grapevine says.................

They got rid of the air staff (save for Brad-Lord knows why...)

Let 'em all go this PM.

Word has it that AFTER the transition, he'll be transferred to another Entercom property.

There must be another station they want to run in the ground somewhere...he's just the guy to do it!

Tune in again next time (Monday)...same Bat Time (10AM), same Bat Channel (94.1), and see how it turns out!

What does it sound like?

Picture Stephen Hawking getting a job constantly announcing the time, and occasionally throwing in a a non-sequiter. That's about it.

DE

I lost my Buzz??

It's officially a sad day for all those who put their heart and soul into that radio station. And for the listeners of the Mid-South. I speak not only for myself, but for Kramer, Dana, Nikki, Heater, Argo, Tripp, Jules, Lana, Luke, Buck, Ryan, Tish, Brian, Tami, NIkki J. and many more. I'm leaving one persons name intentionally off of the list. I think Tripp siad it best, "he's nothing but a tool.". We worked day and night, 7 days a week to make a difference in Memphis with that station. And we were welcomed by Memphis with open arms. It wasn't just about the music. It was the lifestyle that we all shared, no matter how old we were, weather we were from the backwoods of Mississippi or the heart of Midtown. We all loved working with each other and looked forward to going to work every day. We accomplished so many things from becoming official media to Beale St. Musicfest (which was owned by Clear Channel for years), to taking bands to Sun Studios to perform in front of a live audience, the Memphis Jam concert series, saving The Peabody Rooftop parties from being cancelled and so much more. Those were the people and mindsets that we all had, and connected with our listeners, which eventually all became our friends. HELL, we even got along with the prize pigs. It'll be an up hill battle for Entercom, after the amount of people and listeners that they've made mad with changing the station so much. I guess more changes might be coming with the merger starting to happen soon. Good luck to all of our friends on Union. Where is the Happy Boy song when you need it?

As Argo would say, "Keep spreading that Memphis love and goodbye mothership".

And pour one for your homies from 94-1 The BUZZ :-\

RMarino said:
For those of us not in the market, what does it sound like on the air?

Thanks.

www.yes.com

Then type WMBZ

I warn you though, its a VERY addicting website. You can even type in an artist's name and it tells you which stations have played them last.

StereoBrain said:
RMarino said:
For those of us not in the market, what does it sound like on the air?

Thanks.

www.yes.com

Then type WMBZ

I warn you though, its a VERY addicting website. You can even type in an artist's name and it tells you which stations have played them last.

Ooops, they're no playing music...

It's still a cool website though.

Fun with websites:

Was playing around with various permutations of possible "Wolf" websites. And, boy, Kix has thought of several. Good for them. Good fun. That's how the game is played, at least until the I.P. lawyers get involved, anyway.

But, it looks like they MAY have missed one. Greensboro uses:

931wolfcountry.com. But, that redirects you to http://wmqx.radiotown.com/ where you find the website.

941wolfcountry.com seems to go nowhere. And, here's something interesting, try typing:

http://wmbz.radiotown.com/

You'll see that 4 days ago, someone was working there. There is a test page that simply says, "blah."

Fun stuff, if you're not in the line of fire.

DE

Parson me for replying to my own posting. I know... tacky. Be that as it may:

I checked. 941wolfcountry.com is still available. Hmmm... It certainly makes you wonder how anxious Entercomm is to find a "Wolf" domain.

Also, Kix didn't get the .net addresses.

Oh, well. Enough of this.

DE

One of these little non sequiturs that seems to come up more htan most says something to the effect of "get your kicks on route 94.1." I know where that comes from, but the "kicks" also makes me wonder if it's a jab at KIX and a hint in general. It's really the only thing I've heard that would make me think this is going to be country, other than that there doesn't seem to be much else to do. Oh and I looked up route941.com and various other permutations, and they don't exist. I really need to get a life.

> I really need to get a life

Me, too. :D

Actually, there is a ham radio contest this weekend. Time to check out the bands.

DE

Re: I lost my Buzz??

It's just radio it's not life, it's an entertainment job and nothing more or less. It's also not the first change in radio in this market that I am aware of and Im sure won't bt the last. For the record, I loved that radio station as well when I used to be there. By the way if it was so good there, why did you abandon them and leave.
tommyd941 said:
It's officially a sad day for all those who put their heart and soul into that radio station. And for the listeners of the Mid-South. I speak not only for myself, but for Kramer, Dana, Nikki, Heater, Argo, Tripp, Jules, Lana, Luke, Buck, Ryan, Tish, Brian, Tami, NIkki J. and many more. I'm leaving one persons name intentionally off of the list. I think Tripp siad it best, "he's nothing but a tool.". We worked day and night, 7 days a week to make a difference in Memphis with that station. And we were welcomed by Memphis with open arms. It wasn't just about the music. It was the lifestyle that we all shared, no matter how old we were, weather we were from the backwoods of Mississippi or the heart of Midtown. We all loved working with each other and looked forward to going to work every day. We accomplished so many things from becoming official media to Beale St. Musicfest (which was owned by Clear Channel for years), to taking bands to Sun Studios to perform in front of a live audience, the Memphis Jam concert series, saving The Peabody Rooftop parties from being cancelled and so much more. Those were the people and mindsets that we all had, and connected with our listeners, which eventually all became our friends. HELL, we even got along with the prize pigs. It'll be an up hill battle for Entercom, after the amount of people and listeners that they've made mad with changing the station so much. I guess more changes might be coming with the merger starting to happen soon. Good luck to all of our friends on Union. Where is the Happy Boy song when you need it?

As Argo would say, "Keep spreading that Memphis love and goodbye mothership".

And pour one for your homies from 94-1 The BUZZ :-\

KMS2020 said:
One of these little non sequiturs that seems to come up more htan most says something to the effect of "get your kicks on route 94.1." I know where that comes from, but the "kicks" also makes me wonder if it's a jab at KIX and a hint in general. It's really the only thing I've heard that would make me think this is going to be country, other than that there doesn't seem to be much else to do. Oh and I looked up route941.com and various other permutations, and they don't exist. I really need to get a life.

The one I heard that sounded country was "there's a new sheriff in town". The one I like best so far was "I am the walrus, cukoo the chew". A saying toward the old Rock 103 days. Speaking of not having a life question, I wonder if the countdown knows that the time falls back one hour Sunday morning? That would be funny. At least they would be early. It is better than being late. ;D

The extra hour is factored in. If you figure it up, without the time change, it would have them starting at 11 instead of 10 on Monday. Of course, sometihng could always go wrong at 2 tomorrow morning, but at least it's been accounted for in the planning.

Holy smokes, I can't believe you guys can't see the reasoning in this switch. Country is #1 in this market - there's only one station doing it on FM - and with the CBS/Entercom merger, they'd have two Hot ACs competing head to head in the same cluster. The question isn't that they switched, it's "what took them so long?" The AC pie is only so big! It makes perfect sense.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom