KFRC FLIP!
Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Thread: KFRC FLIP!

Harp

KFRC FLIP!

KFRC flipped this morning at 10am to Movin and they are streaming!

Re: KFRC FLIP!

Wow....I can't say that I surprised be the move. Well, it was hard for me to get used to the "Classic Hits" format they were doing recently.

KFRC R.I.P. -- Am I to assume that they will scrap the KFRC calls?

Los Angeles

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Rivers Kramer
    Wow....I can't say that I surprised be the move. Well, it was hard for me to get used to the "Classic Hits" format they were doing recently.

they probly won't, the calls are too much of a heritage call letters
    http://natedoggsairchecks.weebly.com/

Wow ... that was my first thought, too: this ain't your daddy's KFRC.

But I like it.

And I also thought that it would be at 106.9, but I guess that somebody at CBS still believes that mistake might still have a pulse.

(Pulse: yes. Brainwave activity: no.)

DJ
    The 6,148th Most Powerful Person In Bay Area Radio (...just behind the guy who delivers propane to KTRB/860)

michaelhagerty

This actually makes a lot of sense if you think of KFRC in terms of the Gerry Cagle era from 1980-1983 rather than what came before or after. Their approach was heavily rhythmic then.

I could easily hear Bill Lee, Harry Nelson, Mark McKay, Jackson Armstrong, Dave Sholin, Bobby Ocean and Sue Hall playing this music.

And if CBS does it right, maybe we will!

---Michael Hagerty

SAN FRANCISCO IS ‘MOVIN’ TO A NEW RADIO STATION

KFRC 99.7FM FLIPS TO “MOViN99.7” BEGINNING TODAY, SEPT. 22

San Francisco, September 22, 2006 – CBS RADIO station KFRC, 99.7FM flipped its format today at 10:00AM, PT introducing The New MOViN 99.7. The format, which targets women 25-44, is a new version of rhythmic AC focusing on a blend of adult hits from the 80s, 90s and today. Core artists of the station include familiar names like Janet Jackson, Mariah Carey, Prince, Outkast, Black-Eyed Peas and Beyonce.

Doug Harvill, Senior Vice President and Market Manager for CBS RADIO’s San Francisco stations remarks, "The MOViN format has exploded in popularity in markets such as Los Angeles and St. Louis, and has become an instant favorite in Seattle achieving top-rated status among women 18-44 in only six weeks on the air. There is great demand among the Bay Area's diverse population for the MOViN blend of music and we look forward to making the most of this rare opportunity to launch an entirely new and different musical presentation."

Mike Preston, Vice President of Programming for KCBS and KFRC in San Francisco, will serve as Program Director of The New MOViN99.7 overseeing the launch and development of the station. He brings more than 20 years of radio programming experience and has been acknowledged as a leader in creating new radio formats and managing established radio station brands.

Custom television spots are set to help launch the station highlighting the MOViN99.7 “Makes you Feel Good” branding.

MOViN 99.7 (KFRC) is owned and operated by CBS RADIO, one of the largest major-market radio operators in the United States. A division of CBS Corporation, CBS RADIO operates 179 radio stations, the majority of which are in the nation’s top 50 markets. CBS RADIO also owns and operates FREE-FM 106.9 (KIFR), KCBS-AM, ALICE @ 97.3 (kllc), KITS (Live 105), and KYCY-AM (KYOURADIO) in San Francisco.

###

I like how they are telling listeners what the station is about.

I've heard a music promo talking about WHY they play this music (from back in your school days, etc.). I also heard a sweeper that started with "here is what Movin is all about"

Very smart. Sometimes you need to SHOW people why they need/want this.

I like it!
    Posts are my personal opinions and do not necessarily reflect those of my employer, our employees, advertisers, partners, affiliates. Only two at this price, stock # 85732 and 87231, see dealer for details.

You have to think think the Bonneville people are not too happy. I would think this signs the death warrent for Max. And would take some women from KOIT.

On the other hand, they must be "movin" and dancing over at Cumulus. I see some listeners going there but not one leaving the Bone of KFOG for the new format.

Quote Originally Posted by DougR
    You have to think think the Bonneville people are not too happy. I would think this signs the death warrent for Max. And would take some women from KOIT.

Could this mean a return of a Top 40 format(Z95.7), Country Music(95-7 The Bear) or maybe Bonneville has other plans for that frequency? Hmmmmmm?

On the other hand, they must be "movin" and dancing over at Cumulus. I see some listeners going there but not one leaving the Bone of KFOG for the new format.
    I think it's the WORST mistake KFRC ever made!!!! We already have ENOUGH of these stations that play the same genre of music!!!!! I'm wandering what station WILL pick up the oldies format?
    WASSUP YA ALL!!!! IT'S THE WORLD'S MOST LOVEABLE AUTISTIC HAMMERIN' HANK.  I WORKED AT KYLD(WiLD 94.9) IN SAN FRANCISCO FOR OVER FOURTEEN YEARS UNTIL I WAS LET GO IN AUGUST 2008. I'M CURRENTLY LOOKING FOR MY NEXT RADIO JOB, BUT TIMES ARE TOUGH THESE DAYS!!!!

If you don't what's offered on the Bay Area Radio airwaves, may I reccommend you get a subscription to XM Satellite Radio! They offer every genre of music to satify your musical tastes, most of their music channels are commercial free!!!!!
    WASSUP YA ALL!!!! IT'S THE WORLD'S MOST LOVEABLE AUTISTIC HAMMERIN' HANK.  I WORKED AT KYLD(WiLD 94.9) IN SAN FRANCISCO FOR OVER FOURTEEN YEARS UNTIL I WAS LET GO IN AUGUST 2008. I'M CURRENTLY LOOKING FOR MY NEXT RADIO JOB, BUT TIMES ARE TOUGH THESE DAYS!!!!

Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast