• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Flipping Stations, Who needs to know?

In light of what I read in the LA board about KZLA's flip, an interesting question has come to mind. What does an advertiser do when they have bought spots, only to find out that 1 week into their campaign, the station has decided to chase an audiance that isn't what you want. If I was an advertiser, I would be pissed about the lack of information. Would it have a negative impact on advertisers?

I would imagine that there is a clause in the contract for the ads that covers changes in formats.

Lee Anderson said:
In light of what I read in the LA board about KZLA's flip, an interesting question has come to mind. What does an advertiser do when they have bought spots, only to find out that 1 week into their campaign, the station has decided to chase an audiance that isn't what you want. If I was an advertiser, I would be pissed about the lack of information. Would it have a negative impact on advertisers?

I was part of changing the formats on 12 stations in markets like San Diego, San francisco, Phoenix, Houston, Dallas, etc. between January and March of this year. the procedure is to have the sales staff call every client either a day or two ahead (if there is less secrecy involved) or the very next morning and disscuss the change, giving the option to cancel. If an advertiser believes in your company they generally continue on.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom