• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Where'd everybody go?

No posts in this format in a month? That's just sad. Here's a thought... What record(s) are YOUR current "secret weapons"? For us, it's GOTTA be Better Than Ezra's "Juicy". Instant phones, hooky & familiar sounding, and I'm the only one around here playing it. RHCP Dani Cali is also doing really well for me. What records are working best for you?

Mark said:
No posts in this format in a month? That's just sad.
This has traditionally been a fairly quiet board...
Mark said:
Here's a thought... What record(s) are YOUR current "secret weapons"? For us, it's GOTTA be Better Than Ezra's "Juicy". Instant phones, hooky & familiar sounding, and I'm the only one around here playing it. RHCP Dani Cali is also doing really well for me. What records are working best for you?
Both of those you mentioned are also working very well for us. Also Rhianna's "S.O.S" and "Story Of My Life" from Smash Mouth are generating interest.

Getting phones for GNARLS BARKLEY's - "Crazy" as well as RED HOT CHILI PEPPERS' - "Dani California". On a personal note, I'm diggin' KEANE's - "Is It Any Wonder?"

Fort Minor's "Where'd You Go" is doing amazingly well for a rap song at HOT A.C. radio. At least 10 of the biggest stations in the U.S. at that format are playing it at least 3 times a day. I'm surprised. When is the last time a rap song made it onto a HOT A.C. station ?THE MAJOR
Mark said:
Fort Minor - Where'd you Go... women REALLY seem to LOVE this song.

The-Major said:
Fort Minor's "Where'd You Go" is doing amazingly well for a rap song at HOT A.C. radio. At least 10 of the biggest stations in the U.S. at that format are playing it at least 3 times a day. I'm surprised. When is the last time a rap song made it onto a HOT A.C. station ?THE MAJOR
Mark said:
Fort Minor - Where'd you Go... women REALLY seem to LOVE this song.
outkast- hey ya ?

"Hey Ya" was one of those 'once every 5 years' type of songs that was just out there. It was a total smash at HOT-A.C., CHR-POP, CHR-RHY, Urban Contemporary, and even Dance. Outkast is considered to be a hip hop-rap act by the industry, but "Hey Ya" wasn't really a hip hop-rap song per se. It was sort of like Lou Bega's "Mambo No. 5". If anything it was a novelty song that the U.S. and the world all came together on and grabbed on to ... like a hot potato !We need more songs like that.THE MAJOR
outkast- hey ya ?

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom