• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

WDBD WB 40 goes FOX July 1

M

mkjatobr

WDBD WB 40 will flip its affiliations back to FOX on or around July 1. WB will go to WUFX 35 which will become a primary affiliate of MY NETWORK TV in September.

perhaps they will figure out how to broadcast in stereo by this point. UFX has always been crap audio wise. Not a fan of the WB network so not sure if DBD has the same flaws.

One pet peeve I have with WUFX is that their programs are played on a low volume, and when a commercial comes on, it's very loud. Seems like they would've fixed that by now.

Yea, the first show I ever watched on the station was Good Times and I said to myself, "What the F*#^ is wrong with the sound?" While at least I can hear it now, the audio is still not right.

Well it will all be over soon, cuz when 35 becomes MY NETWORK, its not like im gonna watch it anyway, i like to watch disney channel and WB and FOX

If you don't mind me asking, how did you come by this information about WB40 & July 1.

I sent the email to an inside sourch, the GM of the cluster and asked him what will happen to WB 40 in September and he said "we plan to move FOX back to 40 and broadcasting in HDTV at that time around July 1, WB will move to 35 until September and will become MY Network at that time. The CW will be on another station in Jackson."

hotlikewasbe said:
perhaps they will figure out how to broadcast in stereo by this point. UFX has always been crap audio wise. Not a fan of the WB network so not sure if DBD has the same flaws.
WDBD has been in stereo for several years. That and HD are two of the reasons it's going back to Fox.

It's pretty common knowledge in the market. Their salespeople have been spreading the word for quite awhile. TV viewership in the Jackson market's gotta be confused keeping up with the changes. Must be hard on the AE's out there.

The word is spreading, all right. I just saw an add on WJTV for the Fox switchover! This is a first, as I've never seen a TV advertise on a competing station (at least on one not in the same cluster).

25 years ago when WZZQ was changing to WMSI(miss103), the late Bob O'brien,the GM from WTYX(94tyx) called to ask if he could buy some spots on the station. He wanted to tell the rockers where they were welcome to listen after their favorite station went away. We passed,but he had the right idea. Man, I miss the guy!

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom