• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Gil David's Last Show

1290wgli

Was today Gil's last show at WHLI?

I also heard Bill Houston is gone? I know this has nothing to do with any Morey station, but does someone know?

> Was today Gil's last show at WHLI?
>
> I also heard Bill Houston is gone? I know this has nothing
> to do with any Morey station, but does someone know?
>
Rumour has it that Houston was let go and Gil walked. It's a shame, WHLI is (was?) a better radio station than Barny ever deserved to own.

Gil posted on the Dentistry board that after 50 years behind the microphone, he was hanging it up.

I know that he did 18 years at WHLI and was at WGBB back in the day.

I just noticed that he has a very classy website, too: www.gildavid.com<P ID="edit"><FONT class="small">Edited by jack on 01/23/06 08:35 AM.</FONT></P>

Gil David gave me and my friend Ron Yerman our start in radio at the Old 1240 WGBB FREEPORT.
At that time it was owned by Susquhana
Ron and I were both 17 back then. That was a long time ago.
I sure hope he enjoys his retirement.
Neal Newman-CE
WTTM,WYGG,WUPC
MRBI.

> Gil posted on the Dentistry board that after 50 years behind
> the microphone, he was hanging it up.
>
> I know that he did 18 years at WHLI and was at WGBB back in
> the day.
>
> I just noticed that he has a very classy website, too:
> www.gildavid.com
>

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom