• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Non Traditional Revenue and a lot of on air fun

gregdymon

Inactive
Inactive User
Someone posted a thread in this board asking about calendars... since the thread was SO very old, I thought I'd start a new one with my ideas on how to make a babe of the month/year calendar a LOT of fun on the air, on your website and in person AND generate a good deal of Non Traditional Revenue (NTR)

If you use it, let me know on this thread!
OK, First off I KNOW this is an ANCIENT post! But, in case anyone checks this thread out in the future. Let me add to the suggestion of using listeners for your calendar.

1. You can make this a year round promotion, if you plan ahead. At the beginning of the year start promoting your search for the WXXX babe of the year, requesting either email or snailmail photos of their nominee for babe of the year. Put the photos on your website (sponsorship for the webpage that holds this poll) at the Midway Auto Babe of the Day page, for example. Include ALL of the photos you get today on tomorrows poll. The winner Mon thru Thur gets a prize (say a Gift Card at a local tanning salon? - btw another sponsorship) and will be included in the vote for babe of the week (ANOTHER online sponsor - maybe the tanning salon?), at the end of the 12 week on air and online contest, you have 12 contestants for the babe of the year (yet ANOTHER online sponsor), only this time, you will have a concert or someother audience drawing event in which you will also have an on stage contest. Weigh the judges, audience and online votes as you wish to determine the ultimate winner who gets a professional modelling portfolio and a contract with the station to pay her a sum of money for each appearance she makes at your upcoming remotes and special appearances. That took a quarter of your annual promotions calendar, and could make you some good cash too! PLUS, the Babe of the Year will be making appearances for the rest of the year under contract with you!
2. The calendar has space in each month for coupons, or other special advertising messages.... SELL THEM! (see #4)
3. Hire or trade with a local professional photographer (they'll more than likely agree to a trade, if you promise to load them down with ads during wedding, graduation and prom time)
4. Go to americasprinting.com and get your printing rate for printing, say 10,000 of these calendars. Sell ad space (or product placement in the babe of the month photo - probably even better!) To cover the printing costs.
5. Include a $ amount in the bottom right hand side of the calendar, and offer retailers a 50/50 split on the sale of each calendar, or even better, tell them you'll add bonus spots to their next purchase dollar for dollar per each calendar they buy at half the published price.
6. Don't forget to save some for giveaways at appearannces and to send to potential advertisers.... especially when you get ready to do the calendar again NEXT year....

Wanna double the fun??? Six months after you've done the first calendar, do a hunk of the year promo and repeat the process... only this time.... make it 20 weeks long and create an 18 month calendar. That way, when you get ready to do the next babe of the month, you can increase it to 18 months too!

Hows THAT for Non Traditional Revenue?

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom