• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Baja/Sur Stations

M

myopic

Anyone know if there are any licensed AMs or FMs in the eastern costal areas of southern Baja near the Sur state line?

Specifically, I wanted to know if there were any stations south of San Felipe.

Question in itself, is San Felipe served by Ensenada stations?

> Anyone know if there are any licensed AMs or FMs in the
> eastern costal areas of southern Baja near the Sur state
> line?

There is an FM on 93.9 in San felipe, and 4 TV repeaters with no local programming.
>
> Specifically, I wanted to know if there were any stations
> south of San Felipe.

San Felipe is like 200 km from the BCS line. It has separate TV stations (repeaters) and one FM. the BCS stations do not make it in, as the closest is in Rosalia and is a high band daytimer on 1320... makes it out, if lucky, 40 km or barely to the state line. Rosalia and San Felipe are over 300 km apart.
>
> Question in itself, is San Felipe served by Ensenada
> stations?

The AM on 730 barely makes it in, daytime only. None of the FMs do, as the mountains are as high as 10 thousand feet down the center of the peninsula.

Great post David, thanks for the info.

I assume you have seen some of these more remote sites personally?

> Great post David, thanks for the info.
>
> I assume you have seen some of these more remote sites
> personally?
>

Yep. I looked at some San Felipe condos in the last year, so wandered around that area as well as Rosarito and Ensenada.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom