• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

WBZ Former News Peoples--Where Are They?

Just curious...
What Are They Up to Now?

Art Gardner (retired?)
Jackie Goodard
Don Batting
Carol Lannigan
Robert Ames
Susan Rist

dave

Robert Ames filled in for some afternoon shifts on WBUR last month.

> Just curious...
> What Are They Up to Now?
>
> Art Gardner (retired?)
> Jackie Goodard
> Don Batting
> Carol Lannigan
> Robert Ames
> Susan Rist
>
> dave
>

> Just curious...
> What Are They Up to Now?
>
> Art Gardner (retired?)
> Jackie Goodard
> Don Batting
> Carol Lannigan
> Robert Ames
> Susan Rist
>

Don't recognize some of these names, but isn't Don Batting deceased?

Hi,
I think that Don Batting is still living and probably retired. I know that Daryl Gould and Stephen Smith are deceased.

Dave

> > Just curious...
> > What Are They Up to Now?
> >
> > Art Gardner (retired?)
> > Jackie Goodard
> > Don Batting
> > Carol Lannigan
> > Robert Ames
> > Susan Rist
> >
>
> Don't recognize some of these names, but isn't Don Batting
> deceased?
>

Jackie Goodard was the press secretary for Boston Mayor Tom Menino after leaving WBZ. She is no longer press secretary.

Carol Lannigan left the area.

Don Batting is retired, alive and well.

Robert Ames is at WRNI, Providence, he did fill-in recently at WBUR.

Susan (Rist) is happily married to Steve Sbracia, and got her law degree

Art Gardner, I don't know.

bye bye

> Robert Ames filled in for some afternoon shifts on WBUR last
> month.
>
> > Just curious...
> > What Are They Up to Now?
> >
> > Art Gardner (retired?)
> > Jackie Goodard
> > Don Batting
> > Carol Lannigan
> > Robert Ames
> > Susan Rist
> >
> > dave
> >
>

>
> Susan (Rist) is happily married to Steve Sbracia, and got
> her law degree

Which means Susan is now in North Carolina, I believe, because Steve Sbracia just left WCVB/Channel 5 a couple of months ago due to family health concerns (one of his or her parents). They moved to Raleigh I think it was. Steve went to work for the Fox affiliate down there.

Geez, rfrus, this thread is from 2005. Back when it was Radio-Info. Or maybe even RadioInfo. And I was my original self (right here in this thread) as WMC2005.

You might add Dick Levitan to the list........
Of more recent "vintage".....Gary LaPierre...I know he retired a few years ago.......

Art Gardner who covered the Federal and Stare courts back when BZ had someone at the Sate House ( Darrell Gould) City Hall and on the Fire beat Don Batting, semi-retired to the Cape and worked part time at CIB under Larry Justice's ownership, one day he had his fill of Larry and retired completely.

Art was a kind easy going gentleman. I remember the day back around 1984 or 85 when one of the engineers told him it was no longer necessary to cup his ear with his hand when on air.

He passed away several years ago.

Speaking of BZ, I wish that nitwit Rea would let us know when he talking a week off?
Tuned in tonight to hear that speech empetimented Cahill filling in for the week.
Even he is a breath of fresh air compared to that glad handing, never a discouraging word, soft baller, hack pol arse kissing host.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom