• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Radio Disney inconsistency

T

theradioguy2004

I do know much about radio Disney but seeing an ad for a night jock made me thick they have talented people. I got a chance to hear them in Houston over the weekend and they were good. However there was something I heard that did not make since. In an our of off and on listening by pure coincidence I heard 2 songs that did not fit the rest of the teen pop dance type music they play which all was recent. I heard a James Brown song and Celebration by Cool And The Gang from the early 80’s. There audience never heard of those songs and they do no not have the specially emotional reaction oldies create for most people especially if it is from someone’s high school years Would someone explain what they are trying to do. The only thing I can think of is possibly they are trying to reach the partners listening with there kids however in my opinion they are running the risk of loosing there target . Even a small effort to reach adults will be a tune out for kids and not enough to hold the adults if they are not going to listen to Disney anyway. Thoughts and ideas on this are welcome.

I know 10 year olds who could sing "Celebration"

Those are timeless feel-good and over-the-top peppy songs that totally fit the playlist. It's meant for kids and their families.

And -FYI- It's Kool and the Gang

> I do know much about radio Disney but seeing an ad for a
> night jock made me thick they have talented people. I got a
> chance to hear them in Houston over the weekend and they
> were good. However there was something I heard that did not
> make since. In an our of off and on listening by pure
> coincidence I heard 2 songs that did not fit the rest of the
> teen pop dance type music they play which all was recent. I
> heard a James Brown song and Celebration by Cool And The
> Gang from the early 80’s. There audience never heard of
> those songs and they do no not have the specially emotional
> reaction oldies create for most people especially if it is
> from someone’s high school years Would someone explain what
> they are trying to do. The only thing I can think of is
> possibly they are trying to reach the partners listening
> with there kids however in my opinion they are running the
> risk of loosing there target . Even a small effort to reach
> adults will be a tune out for kids and not enough to hold
> the adults if they are not going to listen to Disney anyway.
> Thoughts and ideas on this are welcome.
>

Re: Radio Disney inconsistency-NO

Dude..everybody hears something for the first time once...whether its a new song or an old song.

And the younger you are, the more is new...even if its old.

My 6 year old loves "We Will Rock You" and "We Are The Champions" by Queen. Sings along. knows all the words.

My guess is that "Celebration" and other titles are ones kids are likely to sing along with. They don't have to be new songs to be hits.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom