• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

"Ratings with Results"

radioboy2023

Inactive
Inactive User
Anybody have any experience with "Ratings with Results", a company based in West Virginia marketing themselves as an alternative to Arbitron? Are they legitimate?

> Anybody have any experience with "Ratings with Results", a
> company based in West Virginia marketing themselves as an
> alternative to Arbitron? Are they legitimate?
>

I remember some controversy some years back, but can only find one mention in a Yahoo search: http://www.iowabroadcasters.com/ff051702.htm

Scroll to bottom of page.

Without drawing any conclusions, would legitimate advertising agencies accept this information? Arbitron surveys are monitored and accredited by an outside organization.

> Without drawing any conclusions, would legitimate
> advertising agencies accept this information? Arbitron
> surveys are monitored and accredited by an outside
> organization.

Any non-Arbitron survey is likely only good for local sales promotion (and even then, may be of limited value).

<P ID="signature">______________

</P>

> Anybody have any experience with "Ratings with Results", a
> company based in West Virginia marketing themselves as an
> alternative to Arbitron? Are they legitimate?
>
My first experience with Holly LaFontaine was when I bought a "book" from her and it showed one of my stations #1 in the market. That was great, except it had not yet gone on the air!

A few years ago she did have some legal problems regarding her "research". You can check with the police department in her town for further info.

Reports were that she just made them up.

A couple years ago I bit again and sent her $200. Got nothing. With her new email flurry a few weeks ago I replied that she owed me one... and I actually received some ratings a few days ago.

This time I don't know, since generally they correllate with what I believe to be true, but there are some major discrepancies, like the AMs in the market get about 44% of the audience... don't think so.

I don't believe she can actually make 600 phone calls and send out 600 diaries and produce something for $200. Just a hunch.

I wouldn't buy it. I got an email from her too. Her "report" was for a station I used to work for. I said, "The station is a Brokered station. You're telling me it showed up as number one?"> She said "Yes"> She said she would get me a sample and said she would call back later in the day. This was maybe 3-4 weeks ago. I still haven't heard from her, but I don't work there anymore anyway... So..Buyer Beware!<P ID="signature">______________
</P>

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom