Bye Bye Jay and Billie!

Thread: Bye Bye Jay and Billie!

Bye Bye Jay and Billie!

June 20th will be the last Jay&Billie morning show on CHFI, and it will be a "Best of" show.

More info at www.milkmanunlimited.com/tunedin.htm

<P ID="signature">______________
    "If you never say NO, How much is your YES worth?"
    </P>
    If you never say no, how much is your yes worth?

PassDutch

Re: Bye Bye Jay and Billie!

> June 20th will be the last Jay&Billie morning show on CHFI,
    > and it will be a "Best of" show.
    >
    > More info at www.milkmanunlimited.com/tunedin.htm

To the music, 97.3 EZ Rock's music sounds more softer than 98-1 CHFI. I used to like 98-1 CHFI, now I like EZ Rock as my fave AC in T-Dot. 98-1 CHFI leans too much CHR, similar to what my AC station, CFQR (Q92) used to do prior to '03. Now CFQR is a soft AC, with no country, no urban AC or no CHR lean. I wonder where Jay & Billie are gonna end up? Z103dot5? Flow 93-5? Stay tuned! It was only 2 years for the Jay & Billie show to last. Jay & Billie started @ 98-1 CHFI by late June '03, after the SARS attack. Plus, SARS DID bring Jack FM to 92-5, replacing hiphop Kiss 92-5.

PassDutch

HERE'S the news from Fybush!

And over at CHFI (98.1 Toronto), the morning team of Jay and Billie departs after Monday's "best-of" show, eventually to be replaced by Erin Davis and Mike Cooper, who are moving over from CJEZ (97.3).

And from 98-1 CHFI's website @ chfi.com:

The Jay & Billie Morning Show

Dear CHFI Listener,

I want to make you aware of some programming changes that are happening on CHFI.

On Monday morning (June 20th, 2005); “The Jay and Billie Morning Show” will air its final broadcast on 98.1 CHFI.

To recognize this, we will air a “best of” morning show, featuring three hours of favourite moments from the 98.1 CHFI Morning Show over the past 2 years. It will air from 6am – 9am.

I’ve had the pleasure of working with Jay and Billie for almost six years. They are both terrific people, and we’ve shared many good times together.

Jay and Billie are in the process of deciding what to do next and are going to take some time to reflect upon their future. They intend to continue their careers in radio and television, and, as many of you know, Billie is in the middle of planning her upcoming fall wedding to Pete.

As for the CHFI Morning Show, the current CHFI on-air staff including Darren Osborne, and our latest addition Tish Iceton, will take turns filling in on the show. Later this summer we will be making an announcement regarding a new Morning Show.

This is a very competitive business and a business that requires change on occasion. As the station goes through Morning Show changes, we promise to continue our commitment to be a community-minded station in Toronto that plays “Lite” music, and we thank you for being patient with us while we adjust our morning show programming.

Thank you for being a CHFI listener. We are confident that you will continue to find CHFI informative and entertaining as we enter our next phase.

Thank you for listening to CHFI,

Julie Adam
    General Manager/Program Director

PassDutch

Jay did the imaging for 98.1 CHFI and pronounced it 98-1 CHFI.

Now who does the imaging?

The station's back to saying 98 Point 1 CHFI after 2 years.

Quote Originally Posted by PassDutch
    Jay did the imaging for 98.1 CHFI and pronounced it 98-1 CHFI.

Now who does the imaging?

The station's back to saying 98 Point 1 CHFI after 2 years.
    Not sure, but I guess now he'll do imaging for 999FM...? Now that Jay (Mad Dog) and Billie are over at Mix 999 doing mornings. (as of August 8th 2006)
    If you never say no, how much is your yes worth?