• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

NY just lost a Full Service radio station

W

westlife

Strong winds, thunderstorms, pouring rain, up to three-hour delays at the airports, accidents and delays all over the place on the roads... and if you sat inside and listened to "Jack FM" today, you would be completely oblivious to all of this. Heck, you wouldn't even know what time it was, let alone the forecast for tomorrow.

I guess Infinity wants us to tune to WCBS or WINS for that now, huh?

What they don't realize is that the more AM/FM radio sounds like satellite radio or your iPod, the less reasons you have to choose radio instead of these alternatives. And the last time I checked, my iPod doesn't have a cocky male voice that comes on after every other song to rub a "Jack" promo in my face, nor does it stop the music every 20 minutes to play 5+ minutes' worth of commercials!

<P ID="signature">______________
noiboc.jpg
</P>

> What they don't realize is that the more AM/FM radio sounds
> like satellite radio or your iPod, the less reasons you have
> to choose radio instead of these alternatives. And the last
> time I checked, my iPod doesn't have a cocky male voice that
> comes on after every other song to rub a "Jack" promo in my
> face, nor does it stop the music every 20 minutes to play 5+
> minutes' worth of commercials!

Well, like that smart aleck voice says in another liner: "You want the weather? Look out the window."

This could go down as one of the worst moves in Infinity's history unless it works. Listeners in New York are still riled. But complaining can only do so much.<P ID="signature">______________

New York City Radio and TV</P>

> Well, like that smart aleck voice says in another liner:
> "You want the weather? Look out the window."

Actually, I prefer my Weather Rope:

<P ID="signature">______________
noiboc.jpg
</P>

> > Well, like that smart aleck voice says in another liner:
> > "You want the weather? Look out the window."
>
> Actually, I prefer my Weather Rope:
>
I love the weather rope. How appropriate. It really is better than a disembodied, canned feed out of Dallas! But not as good as any live broadcaster in NYC who will take even a moment to make a comment about anything at all happening locally at any moment of the day.

Farewell, Jack. I'm betting you'll get what you deserve in the long run.

>>> Listeners in New York are still riled<<<

I bet most people in New York couldn't care less one way or another. CBS FM with a 3 share means 97% of the people didn't listen to it.

It's interesting that before this move by Infinity, many people complained about CBS FM that it sounded like every other oldies station and they didn't like it. Now they act like it was the best station they ever heard. If Infinity brought back Oldies to CBS FM tomorrow, it would only take a few days before the complaints about it would start again. Face it, CBS FM hasn't been a good station since they cut out the personalites from the station and turned most jocks into card readers. CBS FM died a few years ago and has been a shadow of itself. They became the NY equivalent of K-EARTH 101 in LA.

> >>> Listeners in New York are still riled
>

Ratings mean almost nothing.<P ID="signature">______________
Kevin</P>

> Quote: "CBS FM with a 3 share means 97% of the people didn't listen to it."
Not true because people listen to more than one station. You can't tell from the public 12+ ratings what percent of all diaries reported listening to a particular station.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom